Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    ......meh
    That was my reaction too. Not an RPI killer, but not someone to get excited about either. Seton Hall is a team that could exceed expectation and still miss the NIT. Might as well just call this our 19th MVC game.

Please, oh please, let the Valley find a couple teams to surprise everyone and be relevant this year.

Comment

• We should all be thankful that we were able to secure a BIG EAST team (that won't adversely impact our RPI) for next season's schedule.

Comment

• They have a little better name recognition than most 100ish RPI teams, but yeah, nothing to do cartwheels over. Just a decent filler game.

That leaves 2 openings, correct? Or are we down to just 1?

Comment

• Does this mean we get a game on the flagship sports channel that is in over 5 billion homes?

Comment

• Seton Hall has the 12th rated recruiting class in 2014 according to ESPN. They signed two Top 50 players, Isaiah Whitehead (Ranked #14) and Angel Delgado (Ranked #48). They will likely be mid-pack in the Big East this year but they could potentially surprise and they appear to have some upside. Pretty decent home and home, not a home run but nothing to be upset about at all.

Comment

• Get the feeling Creighton said "heck no!" to any offer to play us.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Get the feeling Creighton said "heck no!" to any offer to play us.
                Creighton - McDermott - Wragge - Gibbs < DePaul. Why would we consider playing Creighton? I think Creighton would struggle to be a mid-pack Valley team this year.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                  Get the feeling Creighton said "heck no!" to any offer to play us.
                  I guess they didn't like our 2-for-1 offer?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WSU has been ranked in the AP top 10 a total of 58 times, Creighton just twice. I look for that margin to continue widening at a proportionally significant pace, and further force-feed the Fighting Sweater Vests of their appropriate place in the college basketball hierarchy.

No thanks on CU being a RPI drag on WSU in 2014-15, while they debate the positive merits of CBE selection, if the cards happen to fall right for them.

Comment

• Seton Hall's OOC schedule in 2013-14 was really bad (RPI 314) and that was why they ended up with a 136 RPI this past year. They know it was bad and they are trying to upgrade their schedule. Thus they are willing to schedule a H/H with us. Georgetown and Marquette also had relatively poor years this past year and they probably will improve even though Creighton will take a downward trend. I would think that SH's RPI will pick up this year and at least be around 75-100. If so, this won't be a bad H/H series for us. This is an OOC schedule improvement for us although a modest one and I would think that we will continue to improve our OOC schedule and OCC H/H games in 2015-16.

Comment

• Not thrilled with the H/H with the hall, but there are some positives. It's much better perception-wise (and probably numbers-wise) to play these guys than a Tennessee St. or a Howard. They have an impressive recruiting class coming in, and might be an at-large quality team in 15-16. Plus the game in NJ may give us an opportunity to recruit the NYC area while we are up there. Of course this could all backfire and they could suck both years, but I have faith in Darron Boatright and HCGM.

Now if we could just get one "big name" game to fill out the schedule, I would be happy with our OOC next year.

Comment

• The Wichita Eagle just verified the Seton Hall series and in the article it said that we are still looking for two non-con games with both being at home to finish out the schedule. I'm assuming that we are trying to get a good name to play at Intrust this year and then we will do a buy game hopefully with a team like NC Central or someone similar.

Comment

• Wichita State will play Seton Hall on Dec. 9 at Koch Arena

Wichita State’s men’s basketball nonconference schedule is closer to completion.

The Shockers recently added Seton Hall for a Dec. 9 game at Koch Arena. WSU will play at Seton Hall’s Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., during the 2015-16 season.
                            Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/06/07/349...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Nice schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Nice schedule
                                You are my new favorite poster.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X