Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Estonian National Team
    Google "Estonian Girls". You will not be disappointed.

Warning - while these girls are actually wearing bikinis, you might not want to open this link at work.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I heard that it will be the beakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Don't try to control the conversation! If quoting people, making unrelated comments, and making false statements isn't allowed on a message board, especially during the off-season, it would be awful boring!

Hmmmm....where have I heard that logic before....

Your hypocrisy and high-and-mightyness runs deep.
        I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!

Comment

• I doubt Larry Brown would do it but SMU would be a really fun team to have on the schedule the next couple years, especially since we recruit DFW pretty hard.

Comment

• Also would be really jazzed to land a series with San Diego State.

Reminder, I have no clue as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Let's hear some uninformed guesses for who we'll get for the IBA game.

Pure conjecture only, por favor. Anyone with a clue is not invited.
              Based on what we know at this point it seems like it will be either Tulsa, Alabama or St. Louis. My guess is Alabama.

Comment

• I would hope for St. Louis over Alabama though have my fingers crossed to get another top 50 team with the IBA draw.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                  I would hope for St. Louis over Alabama though have my fingers crossed to get another top 50 team with the IBA draw.
                  It might be somewhat dependent on what day of the week these games are scheduled on. Personally, I prefer a weekend for a game at IBA, although the quality of the opponent is still of primary importance.

What we don't know is whether having the game at IBA was used as bargaining chip in making the home-and-home with Alabama and/or St. Louis.

My guess is the two remaining home games will be buys. We have a lot of newcomers (again) this year and we need a few games that hopefully can be utilized for player development purposes.

Comment

• Wrong K and U. University of Kentucky at IBA. We like teams from the south to play at IBA. Calipari was reading up on Wichita and heard about Dog n' Shake.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      What we don't know is whether having the game at IBA was used as bargaining chip in making the home-and-home with Alabama and/or St. Louis.
                      Imo it would have already been reported if IBA was part of the negotiated deal with Bama. We knew immediately that Tennessee was the team. However, that doesn't preclude Bama as the IBA game this year. But it does lead me to believe that we are open to another high major team to visit IBA at this time if we can get the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Imo it would have already been reported if IBA was part of the negotiated deal with Bama. We knew immediately that Tennessee was the team. However, that doesn't preclude Bama as the IBA game this year. But it does lead me to believe that we are open to another high major team to visit IBA at this time if we can get the deal.
                        It's also possible we won't play a game at IBA this year, but my sense is 3G will want a game downtown.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 10, 2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• It needs to be MIZZOU. Surely they aren't going to act like they are above it at this point for various reasons :)

Comment

• I think another BE team would be awesome- Villanova. They return a lot from last year's team that went 29-5 last year, and I would love to see the matchup between our guards and theirs (typically the strength of their team). Plus a return game in Philadelphia at another NBA arena and a chance at recruiting that fertile ground seems beneficial. Just need to get Jay Wright off those Dove soap commercials, and on the phone!

Comment

• Still 2 games left to add and we now know for sure that our in-state comrades turned down a chance to start a series with WSU.

Let's hear some more uninformed guesses. Probably one buy game and maaaaaybe another home-and-home series kicking off in Wichita (if not, then it will simply be two buy games).

I will kick off the stupidity. Houston (H-H, should be much improved under Sampson for a few years until he escapes that dump) and Coastal Carolina (buy game). These aren't my first choices, but rather my best dumb guess as to what we'll end up with.

Fire away.

Comment

• On one hand, I would be willing to bet a lot that both remaining games will be guarantee games as we have no home guarantee games announced yet. On the other hand, that wouldn't address having a game at Intrust, and Gregg LOVES having a game there, so you'd have to think that it will happen.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X