No announcement yet.

2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe this thread can get back to its original purpose now.

Games @ Koch:
    1. Saint Louis
    2. Alabama
    3. Tulsa

Neutral Floor:
    1. Memphis in South Dakota
    2. Game 1: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio possible opp.)
    3. Game 2: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio possible opp.)
    4. Game 3: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio possible opp.)

Road Games:
    Detroit Dec. 13th
    Utah Dec. 3rd

Speculation:
    Purdue, UConn, Loyola Marymount, UCLA, Duke (I'm counting random wishes as speculation)

Comment

• According to Bruce a Big East team (sounded like a home game this year). Don't know who but maybe Villanova, Xavier, St. Johns, Butler, or Marquette (not Creighton)?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        According to Bruce a Big East team (sounded like a home game this year). Don't know who but maybe Villanova, Xavier, St. Johns, Butler, or Marquette (not Creighton)?
        Maybe Bruce thinks UCONN is a Big East team.

Comment

• Bruce makes mistakes?

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            Jamar, if the logic of the majority of people here are substandard to your own, then why do you come down from your tower to speak with such ignoramuses? And to take it a step further, of those ignoramuses, you dislike a few of them, yet continually call them out for discussion? I can't tell if you're a sadist or a masochist. Do you enjoy your own torture by speaking to them, or do you enjoy tormenting others with your incessantly redundant postings? The schtick is getting tiring.

I was told this advice once "If you think everyone around you is an asshole, maybe you're the asshole."
            Winner.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Then this discussion is irrelevant and is just a circle jerk for you to lord your team superiority over WSU. Of course WSU fans would love to play KU, K-State, etc over a Depaul or Chicago State -- but they refuse to play WSU. So why worry about what you can't control - all WSU can do is schedule the best they can do and win everything.

You know the bottom line is this all is entertainment, in the big scheme of things college basketball has no eternal value - so my question is why do you feel you need to be injecting your view of reality?
              Also winner.

A Top 30 OOC is not acceptable enough for him. He makes a rather obvious statement that he wishes Duke, Carolina, KU, UCLA, and Florida were on the schedule and that it's disappointing that WSU can't have a schedule like that. He then provides no solution to his absolutely astute point he makes. He then plays the innocent card because he gets called out for being a buffoon and stating the obvious. In essence, he's just here to jerk himself. That's why he keeps coming back, and back, and back, and back again for more and more, to the point where he's dragging the topic even more off-topic, the very thing he himself complained of.

Such an embarrassment. But he loves it.

Preschool must be out for the summer.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Jamar, if the logic of the majority of people here are substandard to your own, then why do you come down from your tower to speak with such ignoramuses? And to take it a step further, of those ignoramuses, you dislike a few of them, yet continually call them out for discussion? I can't tell if you're a sadist or a masochist. Do you enjoy your own torture by speaking to them, or do you enjoy tormenting others with your incessantly redundant postings? The schtick is getting tiring.

I was told this advice once "If you think everyone around you is an asshole, maybe you're the asshole."
                To me the really sad part is that JH4P has access to some very interest statistics,senting the information and apparently unlimited time to search, manipulate and present the statistics...and, unfortunately, seemingly endless superfluous bickering about who says what to whom about whomever.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  Nonetheless, the idea that you could leave that implication hanging out there and are entirely innocent when someone criticizes that implication is still disingenuous
                  You make it sound like Doc simply criticized what he mistakenly thought was my viewpoint. If calling someone an ass and directly implying they are simply a troll is your version of fair criticism to what I originally posted, I don't know what else to say. I made every effort to clarify my position once people started responding to what I originally thought was a ho-hum post. I had no intent to be controversial, but others assumed the worst, and even when I clarified that I wasn't criticizing WSU, people kept jumping on me as if they were determined to find a fault somewhere.

How about some criticism for the way Doc throws out wrongly based accusations and is the true instigator here?

How about some criticism for the way Fever predictably jumps in over and over with nothing but hostility and efforts to fan the flames of any argument he stumbles across?

My sin of failing to explain myself in perfect detail in a single post is the big deal here and more worthy of rebuke than the divisive posts of Doc and Fever? Forgive me for simply wanting to laugh off the criticism when other posters are pretty much getting a free pass on being divisive instigators in the most blatant ways.

Don't take this as whining, because I ultimately am going to enjoy my time here regardless. I'm having fun. If people want to stretch what I say and put words in my mouth, I'll just sit back and laugh through it all. If they want to have a double standard and let Doc and Fever get a free pass when they make posts blatantly doing the things that people try to criticize me for, that's fine by me. I'll laugh off the hypocracy and selective criticism. For those who care about having a legitimate conversation that doesn't begin with "you're an ass", I'm always happy to chat with you too.

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  and the original discussion all the more inane for not having any application to how the schedule could be improved.
                  You have got to be joking me if you are trying to say that opinions and observations are only allowed on this board if followed up by solutions. Personally, I respect people who are willing to admit that they don't have all the answers.

Comment

• I agreed with you about Doc's "joke" post, I'll agree with you (as I have previously on this board) about personal insults, and I'll agree with you about Fever's behavior (which I have also commented on in the past and I mostly don't mention because I given up bothering about him at this point). In particular with Fever, I don't think he has any interest in initiating an actual discussion, so it isn't worth addressing him. If I'm holding you to a different standard than him all it means is that I have a higher opinion of your underlying desire to have a productive discussion, even if I think that you sometimes do things that undermine that effort.

My problem is not that every discussion on Shockernet have a solution attached, so much as I still want an answer to my original question, which is, "What is the conversation you want to have out of your comment?"

If your comment really has no application to how the schedule could be improved, then the only reaction could be either "yes, it would be nice to play good teams" or "no, it would not be nice to play good teams." Given the unlikelihood of the later response, such an initial statement is about as likely to initiate a useful conversation as "it is windy in Kansas." It is undoubtedly true and would garner general assent, but there are some things that are so obvious that they aren't worth saying because the don't push the conversation forward. The only answer can be "I agree" and conversation halts there. Not every discussion needs solutions, but I don't see how this particular issue even becomes a conversation without some discussion of solutions. That's my last word on the subject (famous last words, I know).
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      My problem is not that every discussion on Shockernet have a solution attached, so much as I still want an answer to my original question, which is, "What is the conversation you want to have out of your comment?"
                      I appreciate your comments about expecting more of me than some of the other goobers on this board. I guess it just seems like there is often a laughable double standard between what I'm accused of and what Fever and others do regularly without any backlash. If that is due to many on this board giving up any hope of straightening out those trolls, then I can respect that.

To answer your question:

I never coveted a conversation about my original post. The issue of desiring a better schedule was indeed something I thought everyone could agree with. The only unique angle that I thought my comment might have was the concept of how few top notch teams WSU might play next year despite all the talk of a much improved schedule. In my opinion, the quality SOS is due to eliminating cupcakes, not adding competition at the top. I didn't consider this thought any sort of amazing revelation, but considering there has been a lot of talk about excitement for next years OOC SOS, I just thought it was something worth saying. Is everyone here happy if the OOC SOS looks good despite very few elite teams on it? Does the fan in each of us desire different things than what the logical, selection committee focused scheduler in us thinks is best? If someone responded to my comments, cool. If nobody responded, that would have been fine too. It really was just a run of the mill comment in my mind at the time I posted it.

I usually know when I'm saying something that has a chance to stir up the trolls. I honestly would have never guessed that my original, brief, non-offensive comment about a possibly weak schedule at the top would cause the backlash that it did.

Comment

• You calling anyone a troll is hilarious and hypocritical on the highest of all levels. Everybody knows who the troll is. That's why you always receive the responses that you do and that's why you have gone so defensive and long-winded about it all in the last 10 posts.

And thanks for continuing to "ignore" me. I believe you've now mentioned me by name in at least two dozen posts since you've decided to "ignore me" a couple months ago. Glad to see you're making your point.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• @AdamZagoria: Seton Hall will play and home-and-home with Wichita State beginning next year at Wichita State, per @kevin:Willard

Men's schedule? Appaently so. Kevin Willard is the head coach of the men's team...
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            @AdamZagoria: Seton Hall will play and home-and-home with Wichita State beginning next year at Wichita State, per @kevin:Willard

Men's schedule? Appaently so. Kevin Willard is the head coach of the men's team...
                            ......meh

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              @AdamZagoria: Seton Hall will play and home-and-home with Wichita State beginning next year at Wichita State, per @kevinWillard

Not a home run schedule, but it's better than a buy game against an RPI 200+ team.

SH had an RPI last year of 136. They had 4 Seniors getting 10+ minutes. 3 of those were regular starters and were #1, 3, and 4 in scoring for the Pirates. One of the Sr's was 6'9", 270 Eugene Teague - the guy who originally signed with Lowery at SIU.

The best returning player is a 6'2" guard, Sterling Gibbs, who averaged 13.2 ppg on 41% FG shooting and 34% from 3. A quick glance at their roster doesn't give the impression that they will have a lot in 2015-16 for the return game. Almost have to hope they have some decent JuCo's coming in because they don't seem to have much in the front court. 2 guys taller than 6'6" returning who had any stats last year. They were both "sometimes" starters.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I seem to recall Seton Hall having put together a pretty good recruiting class. Perhaps they would be trending slightly up, but I don't hold out too much hope. Pretty stoked about having Seton Hall and DePaul on the schedule for the next couple of years......

Edit: Found a recruit reference I was looking for "Whitehead, a 6-4 guard from Brooklyn ranked No. 16 nationally by Rivals.com, which deems him perhaps "the best one-on-one player in the class of 2014."
                                Last edited by Cdizzle; June 6, 2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X