New Assistant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I was making a joke about SIU and them not wanting to pay anything to a coach, and how I could see our associate HC making more than what SIU would pay a HC.

That was it, so don't read anything more into that comment. I didn't mean for the whole thread to turn to Hinson with that post.
    You know how much SN loves to post about Barry Hinson......
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      How is Barry a Jayhawk? He went to Oklahoma State, I believe. Of anything, he is a Bill Self guy...which, I suppose, can essentially be synonymous with being a Jayhawk at the moment...but his tie is with the coach, not Mount Oread.
      If you would like to hear it yourself it is on this Sports Daily podcast from March 19 at around the 41:30 mark.

http://audio.kfhradio.com/a/88998389...y-03-19-14.htm?

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
        What about this guy? May be to tied to Eck.

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...er_798541.html
        I believe Jamall Walker also played for the controversial Mr. Eck, which means he knows fundamental basketball through and through.

Comment

http://coachz.com/main.html

T
          his is the man I think we should get
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            I believe Jamall Walker also played for the controversial Mr. Eck, which means he knows fundamental basketball through and through.
            No thanks re Barry.
            I laugh at his interviews, but would be embarrassed if he was representing WSU.

Comment

Would Dana Ford take a promotion & a job at an opposing Valley school?
              Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                What about this guy? May be to tied to Eck.

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...er_798541.html
                Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                I have had the privilege of knowing Jamall personally. He is an extra fine individual and would love to have him on our staff, but I think it would be pretty hard getting him away from Groce. I believe he got into an incident in last year's NCAA with a ref after a game, but that's totally out of character from my experience with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                  Would Dana Ford take a promotion & a job at an opposing Valley school?
                  Given Ford's track record, he might -- but only at a Valley school that wanted him. I can tell you one that doesn't.

Comment

The one thing we know is there will no shortage of high quality candidates considering Coach Marshall's current cache. I'm looking forward to see who Gregg comes up with. It will be someone who Gregg believes will add to and not detract from the chemistry of the staff and the team.

Comment

Wasn't there an interview a few weeks ago that said the other assistants had to sign off on any new guy since they would have to be working with him?

Comment

There are lots of intruiging candidates. Obviously head Juco coaches are fair game as we know from the past but there are many excellent assistants at very good mid major programs as well. Look at Belmont, Green Bay and Georgia State to name a few.

Comment

How 'bout an assistant coach that would bring with him a 7' foot jumping jack that can defend, block/alter shots and score at will???? Lol We got nuttin' brewing for next year down low. Think we need another big if we're gonna do anything next March/April. Like 6'-10" to 7' foot BIG. You would think a guy like that would want to come play with Baker, VanFleet, Cotton and Carter!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            How 'bout an assistant coach that would bring with him a 7' foot jumping jack that can defend, block/alter shots and score at will???? Lol We got nuttin' brewing for next year down low. Think we need another big if we're gonna do anything next March/April. Like 6'-10" to 7' foot BIG. You would think a guy like that would want to come play with Baker, VanFleet, Cotton and Carter!!!
                            Bush is 7 ft tall. Just can't score at will.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTop View Post
                              Bush is 7 ft tall. Just can't score at will.
                              Unless its Will Artino.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                I love Barry, more than most, but he's an admitted Jayhawk, through and through, so no thank you.
                                Good people have been associated with KU. Hate KU the institution. Hate certain KU people. Just don't hold it against a really good guy who isn't even employed by them anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X