New Assistant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Assistant?

Anyone heard anything? I know it is probably too early for this, but maybe not. Any good assistant candidate would have jumped immediately on this on hearing that Coach Jans was leaving and Marshall has known for some time that Chris was gone.

whats the rush...Gregg is off for two weeks to just soak in the season...lets all jut pause for two weeks, try to enjoy the games that are left and wait till signing day...Just happy with the Program we have and coach, players, and fans that make it great...

Comment

Rumor is that Mr. Willie Atwood, Sr. is the favorite. :excitement:

Comment

I wonder, since Jans has known for a couple of weeks, if Marshall had already been making phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Rumor is that Mr. Willie Atwood, Sr. is the favorite. :excitement:
          When did we become KU?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I wonder, since Jans has known for a couple of weeks, if Marshall had already been making phone calls.
            I wonder, since Marshall has been trying to get Jans a head coaching gig for a couple of years, if Marshall already has his replacement on staff.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
              whats the rush...Gregg is off for two weeks to just soak in the season...lets all jut pause for two weeks, try to enjoy the games that are left and wait till signing day...Just happy with the Program we have and coach, players, and fans that make it great...
              That sort of defeats the purpose of a discussion board.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                When did we become KU?
                It was a joke?

Comment

It was a joke?
                  I know?

Message boards are turrible places for subtlety.

Besides, I know, I KNOW, that Danny Ainge has already agreed to the new assistant coach position.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                    I know?

Message boards are turrible places for subtlety.

Besides, I know, I KNOW, that Danny Ainge has already agreed to the new assistant coach position.
                    Can confirm.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I believe this has been in the works longer than a couple of weeks, but that's just me.

Comment

My thinking is both Greg Heiar and Steve Forbes are very capable assistants. Not sure what kind of hierarchy there is among 3G's assistants although it was clear that Chris Jans, as Associate Head Coach, was at the top of that hierarchy with Heiar and Forbes more or less on equal footing, although with Heiar having the advantage of longevity in the program. I don't expect either to be promoted to Associate Head Coach at this point but I think Coach Marshall may well be looking for a younger, go-getter to fill out his staff at this point. Perhaps even someone with WSU ties. Matt Braeuer maybe who is currently an assistant at Sam Houston State.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 25, 2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

My thinking is both Greg Heiar and Steve Forbes are very capable assistants. Not sure what kind of hierarchy there is among 3G's assistants although it was clear that Chris Jans, as Associate Head Coach, was at the top of that hierarchy with Heiar and Forbes more or less on equal footing, although with Heiar having the advantage of longevity in the program. I don't expect either to be promoted to Associate Head Coach at this point but I think Coach Marshall may well be looking for a younger, go-getter to fill out his staff at this point. Perhaps even someone with WSU ties. Matt Brauer maybe who is currently an assistant at Sam Houston State.
                          Matt would be interesting, but he hasn't had a lot of time to work on his recruiting chops, so I'm thinking that one may still be a bit further out. Now once Heiar and Forbes move on to take head gigs, I can see Matt joining the crew as the new young assistant.

I was worried about losing Jans, but I just realized how many assistants we have been through over the last few years. Marshall is a great recruiter and evaluator of both coaches and players, it would seem.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I was listening to the Shane Dennis show last night and his guest, Paul Suellentrop, said he had no idea who was on the short list for the open position. I bet he would be one of the first to know as far as media goes. Marshall probably has quite a few leads, but I doubt any of us regular fans will know much in the short term.

Comment

I did notice a lurker around the Basketball office this morning.

I have also heard rumors that @Tyrone Shoelace: can be seen in the shadows. I suspect the ball will rolling along soon after the Final 4.

Go Shocks!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X