New Assistant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry was in STL this weekend.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      If things don't pan out for Barry Hinson at SIU and he's looking for a nice gig that pays more than his HC position, it would be awesome to have him as associate head coach in a couple years.
      Barry needs to plant some incriminating evidence on Doug Elgin and take over running the Valley office.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
        I know?

Message boards are turrible places for subtlety.

Besides, I know, I KNOW, that Danny Ainge has already agreed to the new assistant coach position.
        You make fun, but I assure you that GM Ainge is in the loop and has been, since the Coach Turgeon hire. There is a very strong connection between a well known booster and GM Ainge.

(Senora Rio's gato keeps walking on my keyboard.)

P.S. - I love Charles Barkley references.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I know the valley commish doesn't do weekly pressers but if Barry was running it he would have to.

Comment

Shock Therapy probably needs some at this point, but I was waiting for the inevitable Steve Eck reference. Thanks, monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              I know the valley commish doesn't do weekly pressers but if Barry was running it he would have to.
              If Barry were the commish, he'd make a deal to put the Valley tourney in KC for eternity.

Because, you know, Barry loves his BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Unlikely. If Barry takes another assistant Coaching gig it won't be in the valley.

That's just a personal opinion of mine and I could be wronger than a doornail
                he is a KU guy, so I would expect he would go back to work for Self.

Comment

I love Barry, more than most, but he's an admitted Jayhawk, through and through, so no thank you.

Comment

I think Barry will be at SIU for a while. He already has done wonders with the mess he inherited from Chris Lowery. Even if all he does is elevate SIU to the level his SWOMO teams reached he will hang around SIU for a long while. No reason to think he won't do that at a minimum.

Comment

How is Barry a Jayhawk? He went to Oklahoma State, I believe. Of anything, he is a Bill Self guy...which, I suppose, can essentially be synonymous with being a Jayhawk at the moment...but his tie is with the coach, not Mount Oread.
                      78-65

Comment

What about this guy? May be to tied to Eck.

"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          How is Barry a Jayhawk? He went to Oklahoma State, I believe. Of anything, he is a Bill Self guy...which, I suppose, can essentially be synonymous with being a Jayhawk at the moment...but his tie is with the coach, not Mount Oread.
                          I think he is a Bill Self guy. But the reason you can call Barry a Jayhawk is he flat out told Bruce Heartl on Sports Daily last week that he was rooting hard for the Shocks unless they played KU, then he would have to be cheering for his Jayhawks.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            I know, right? I wouldn't believe it either, if for not hearing it directly from his mouth to my ears, and I quote, "Unless the Shockers play Kansas because as you know, I'm a Jayhawk, through and through."

Comment

I was making a joke about SIU and them not wanting to pay anything to a coach, and how I could see our associate HC making more than what SIU would pay a HC.

That was it, so don't read anything more into that comment. I didn't mean for the whole thread to turn to Hinson with that post.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                If things don't pan out for Barry Hinson at SIU and he's looking for a nice gig that pays more than his HC position, it would be awesome to have him as associate head coach in a couple years.
                                He could teach the bigs how to head fake...

Edit: sorry...didn't read all the way through the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X