#2 Wichita State vs. Southern Illinois OFFICIAL Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Barry went to the young'ns and they've responded. They are a completely different team playing the likes of Smithpeters, Olaniyan and O'Brien, plus Jackson has been playing under control and Beane is playing like a 1st teamer, at least.

I'm giving SIU all the credit tonight. They had a plan, stuck to it and executed it and it nearly worked. Don't want to see those guys in St. Louis.
    This! However, I will say that the Shocks missed an incredible number of chippy short shots that could have made it easier on themselves, and SIU is building something there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      I have this feeling Wessel will hit his first 3 of the year to kick start us from deep.
      Perhaps he did, at least indirectly. At about the 6 minute mark with the Shocks leading 61-57 Evan fought for great offensive rebounding position along the baseline on the right side of the basket. He grabbed the rebound as his momentum was carrying him out of bounds, saved the ball to Fred, who passed to Tekele who passed to Ron who drained a huge 3 to put the Shocks up 64 to 57. I thought at the time that it was a huge play. Had SIU got the rebound and game down and score to make it a 1 of 2 point game who knows what the outcome would have been. So I'm going to credit Evan with that 3 ball in my scorebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        Towards the end of the first half I was trying to make noise in 121 but few joined me.

I wish the crowd was Loud start to finish. The Shox shouldn't have to do something specific. Every possession for the other team should be frustratingly loud.
        This.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Perhaps he did, at least indirectly. At about the 6 minute mark with the Shocks leading 61-57 Evan fought for great offensive rebounding position along the baseline on the right side of the basket. He grabbed the rebound as his momentum was carrying him out of bounds, saved the ball to Fred, who passed to Tekele who passed to Ron who drained a huge 3 to put the Shocks up 64 to 57. I thought at the time that it was a huge play. Had SIU got the rebound and game down and score to make it a 1 of 2 point game who knows what the outcome would have been. So I'm going to credit Evan with that 3 ball in my scorebook.
          that was a huge play, yep

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Thought this was one of those huge plays that don't go anywhere in the stat totals but have a HUGE impact...great play by Evan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              Towards the end of the first half I was trying to make noise in 121 but few joined me.

I wish the crowd was Loud start to finish. The Shox shouldn't have to do something specific. Every possession for the other team should be frustratingly loud.
              Maybe others didn't like, but what happened to the Noise Meter. Properly used, I thought it was a good tool to get a crowd into the game when maybe things on the floor were not.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                I just wasted 15 minutes of my life and read the game thread on the Ugly Dawg board. I've concluded that the majority of SIU posters on the internets are delusional morons. I've also concluded that SalukiIllini is a dildo-chomping cock monger that's probably never even touched a basketball in his entire adolescent life. I've also concluded that Saluki fans complaining about players getting "sodomized" without calls is the most laughable piece of hypocrisy ever to reach the internets, considering how their teams assaulted people without whistles being called in the mid-2000's.

I like Barry. They have some good players but I'll be rooting against them the rest of the way thanks to their POS fan base. They're all sad, pathetic, and innocent when they suck. They put together 4 wins in a row, taste a little success again, and turned right back into the douchebags they were on ValleyTalk. Same old, same old. Eff em.

Go Sycamores.
                I'm getting real tired of your fence sitting act. You make comments on a consistent basis where the audience known as SN are scratching their heads trying to decipher your intent. Please be more clear in the future with regard to your true feeling at the time of your post...or take your act somewhere where the audience can fully appreciate your lack of post focus. Thank you in advance for your full cooperation.

Comment

• Over the last 6 games, Nick Wiggins is averaging 7.0ppg and shooting 7-14 from 3PT. He is also getting to the FT line more than 3 times per game.

I would like to see him mix it up a little bit more on the boards, but I think this is pretty close to the type of production we need from him. Hopefully this trend continues.

Comment

• Nick has become a solid contributor. All I want next is for him to hit the gym to work on his free throws.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                      Nick has become a solid contributor. All I want next is for him to hit the gym to work on his free throws.
                      Nick is an interesting player. Just seems to lack the mental and physical toughness or a lot of our guys. Makes your wonder what kind of player he would be today if he had been a Shocker for a full 4-years. He brings great athleticism to the table.

Comment

• Nick has made one change in his game, which I believe has been very helpful to him and the team.

Since about mid-season, he is dribble penetrating more and with success. He is scoring and/or drawing a foul.

I suspect that Coach Marshall had a lot to do with the change.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Now if he could just finish the shots and/or make the free throws we'd be in good shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            I'm getting real tired of your fence sitting act. You make comments on a consistent basis where the audience known as SN are scratching their heads trying to decipher your intent. Please be more clear in the future with regard to your true feeling at the time of your post...or take your act somewhere where the audience can fully appreciate your lack of post focus. Thank you in advance for your full cooperation.
                            If having post focus is a criteria for posting I am out of luck. But I understand what you mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Over the last 6 games, Nick Wiggins is averaging 7.0ppg and shooting 7-14 from 3PT. He is also getting to the FT line more than 3 times per game.

I would like to see him mix it up a little bit more on the boards, but I think this is pretty close to the type of production we need from him. Hopefully this trend continues.
                              I just want him to score more total points in the Dance than his brother. Six games played to one or two,maybe he can get that done
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                I just want him to score more total points in the Dance than his brother. Six games played to one or two,maybe he can get that done
                                I just want to see him score more total points than his brother in the same game in the Dance!

Comment

Working...
                                X