No announcement yet.

#2 Wichita State vs. Southern Illinois OFFICIAL Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of complaining and potential cliff-diving in the first half of this game. Here's a list of teams that were behind after the first half tonight:

#5 SDSU 48
    Wyoming - 56

#3 Florida - 33
    Tennessee - 34

#15 MichState - 26
    Ohio State - 30

The ONLY top-20 team with a half-time lead tonight was

#19 Texas - 54
    Okla State - 33
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• freaking awesome. as always.

Comment

• San Diego State probably not a great example since they are about to drop a half dozen poll spots.

Comment

• I dont know if I should reply to Shocker-maniac or ShockerFever both are spot on. Valley play is ugly. Its just a part of the schedule we have to suffer through. The way the game is called is inconsistent & vastly different from non-conference play. Its been that way. Refs call a game to keep it close.
          In MVC play you get teams playing gimmicks, playing not to lose to superior teams & #4 ranked teams are the highest ranked team to play in some of these arenas. WSU is the one game that sells out in a lot of these dives & most teams' one shot for glory on the year.
          I like hearing WSU players say they are in a one & done pressure situation. They have a good thing going & getting a season's worth of effort from every opponent.
          No team in America has 26 wins, only 2 undefeated& the other team is lacking for road wins. 26-0 ends lots of arguments.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            San Diego State probably not a great example since they are about to drop a half dozen poll spots.
            I was just going with 4 of 5 top-25 teams were behind at the half and 4 of 5 top-25 teams won their games. SDSU hasn't lost yet, but I'm counting theirs that way since they're down 4 with something like 30 seconds left.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
              I dont know if I should reply to Shocker-maniac or ShockerFever both are spot on. Valley play is ugly. Its just a part of the schedule we have to suffer through. The way the game is called is inconsistent & vastly different from non-conference play. Its been that way. Refs call a game to keep it close.
              In MVC play you get teams playing gimmicks, playing not to lose to superior teams & #4 ranked teams are the highest ranked team to play in some of these arenas. WSU is the one game that sells out in a lot of these dives & most teams' one shot for glory on the year.
              I like hearing WSU players say they are in a one & done pressure situation. They have a good thing going & getting a season's worth of effort from every opponent.
              No team in America has 26 wins, only 2 undefeated& the other team is lacking for road wins. 26-0 ends lots of arguments.
              I agree. Last year's team lost 6 regular season Valley games. This years team is finding ways to win every game that might have been a loss last year. It is extremely hard to do, but so far they are getting it done. This is a very special team and season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                I dont know if I should reply to Shocker-maniac or ShockerFever both are spot on . . .
                While I agree with what you say, I can't take any credit for it because I don't recall doing a post about that subject. So all the kudos must belong to ShockerFever.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I just wasted 15 minutes of my life and read the game thread on the Ugly Dawg board. I've concluded that the majority of SIU posters on the internets are delusional morons. I've also concluded that SalukiIllini is a dildo-chomping cock monger that's probably never even touched a basketball in his entire adolescent life. I've also concluded that Saluki fans complaining about players getting "sodomized" without calls is the most laughable piece of hypocrisy ever to reach the internets, considering how their teams assaulted people without whistles being called in the mid-2000's.

I like Barry. They have some good players but I'll be rooting against them the rest of the way thanks to their POS fan base. They're all sad, pathetic, and innocent when they suck. They put together 4 wins in a row, taste a little success again, and turned right back into the douchebags they were on ValleyTalk. Same old, same old. Eff em.

Go Sycamores.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I just wasted 15 minutes of my life and read the game thread on the Ugly Dawg board. I've concluded that the majority of SIU posters on the internets are delusional morons. I've also concluded that SalukiIllini is a dildo-chomping cock monger that's probably never even touched a basketball in his entire adolescent life. I've also concluded that Saluki fans complaining about players getting "sodomized" without calls is the most laughable piece of hypocrisy ever to reach the internets, considering how their teams assaulted people without whistles being called in the mid-2000's.

I like Barry. They have some good players but I'll be rooting against them the rest of the way thanks to their POS fan base. They're all sad, pathetic, and innocent when they suck. They put together 4 wins in a row, taste a little success again, and turned right back into the douchebags they were on ValleyTalk. Same old, same old. Eff em.

Go Sycamores.
                    so they deserve Chris Lowry & not Barry.
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                      Will the real shocker crowd please stand up, please stand up

The K-State crowd last night was insane for the whole last half...we need to be too!

Shox need the fans to yell, not be nervous!
                      CHEER ANGRY!

Comment

• Towards the end of the first half I was trying to make noise in 121 but few joined me.

I wish the crowd was Loud start to finish. The Shox shouldn't have to do something specific. Every possession for the other team should be frustratingly loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          freaking awesome. as always.
                          Barry's presser is definitely worth watching. He gives kudos to the crowd all "10,575 plus Kristie Alley". "It's the crowd, it's the crowd". Some good stuff. http://www.kwch.com/sports/barry-hin...z/-/index.html

Comment

• I read a couple of pages on the Dawgs board. We like Barry's pressers more than they do.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• "We just came down and said hey it's close to April 15th, we'll just give you the ball and then we'll get a tax deduction" -Barry Hinson

Probably one of the best quotes from a post game presser that I've heard (besides the one he had about his wife and shot faking this year)
                              Last edited by ShockerMas; February 12, 2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Barry went to the young'ns and they've responded. They are a completely different team playing the likes of Smithpeters, Olaniyan and O'Brien, plus Jackson has been playing under control and Beane is playing like a 1st teamer, at least.

I'm giving SIU all the credit tonight. They had a plan, stuck to it and executed it and it nearly worked. Don't want to see those guys in St. Louis.
                                This! However, I will say that the Shocks missed an incredible number of chippy short shots that could have made it easier on themselves, and SIU is building something there.

Comment

Working...
                                X