No announcement yet.

#2 Wichita State vs. Southern Illinois OFFICIAL Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton sure is reliable in making a big shot, a big block, getting a crucial rebound or big play when we need it. Marshall wants Baker to shoot more, especially when he is wide open off a screen. So do I.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 3G is correct. "We won't beat Evansville if we don't play better than this."

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        @KWCHJenn: Barry Hinson to Marshall in the press room: man you got @kirstiealley in here and your suit costs 3 times mine
        lulz

Comment

@KWCHJenn: Barry Hinson to Marshall in the press room: man you got @kirstiealley in here and your suit costs 3 times mine
          Barry, there is three times more materiel in his suits than yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            3G is correct. "We won't beat Evansville if we don't play better than this."
            It is ironic that SIU and Evansville will be the toughest challenges - more than ISUb and UNI. Those pesky guards...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              i have a feeling the scout is out on Fred. Collapse on his drive and let him throw up a sloppy shot or turn it over. We need to figure this out.
              Yes. But let's keep that on the down-low. Come tourney time...hopefully....HOPEFULLY...other teams won't get that memo. Lol He was getting away with it for most of the season but at 5'-11" with hardly any hops....yes the book is out. BUT....he is crafty and smart enough to make the necessary changes needed when we go Dancin'!!!!! So...me thinks we'll be okay. :)
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

It is ironic that SIU and Evansville will be the toughest challenges - more than ISUb and UNI. Those pesky guards...
                It's nice to keep winning and breaking records every game. Winning is fun and I prefer learning from an ugly win much more than a loss. With that said, the 1 on 1 play, dribble penetration, and offensive rebounds by SIU got us in foul trouble and kept the game much too close for comfort. Our frigid 2-18 start on shooting 3's also hurt. Even so, we find ways to win, and WIN let's continue to do. Winning is fun and our Road Warriors have won more than anybody on road games for the past 3 Seasons.
                Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 11, 2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Typical late season conference grind. Teams are getting better and figuring each other out. Things will loosen back up some out of conference in the tourney. The scouting won't be near as good. Marshall's teams tend to do better out of conference when there isn't a ton of time to prepare and scout. This team is just fine. Keep working and keep winning!
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I am so very pleased with the win. I am concerned about the lack of game where everyone plays to their full potential but I know it will happen soon, March draws near.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• ShockerNet has a lot of ref complaining but it is nothing like what is occurring/occurred on SalukiNation. You would figure they'd take it down a notch considering they only won the game in Carbondale last year due to an official and that official received a public reprimand from the MVC. If the officials tonight get a public reprimand I will take back what I said, but I highly doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        We played tired tonight.
                        Yep, everyone but Tekele looked a little lead legged.

The good news is the way the schedule falls out we get two extra days rest.

Hats off to SIU and Barry, they made us earn it.

Comment

• It's easy to forget how much of a grind the conference is. Every win from now on out in the conference and in St. Louis is a good win, no matter how we look.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Been out for a while.
                            Pretty simple. Pull up and shoot (which he is very good at) or run Ron at the point and Fred at the Wing where he can get a different attack angle.

Comment

• They called us bandwagoning queers. Hahaha. First of all, our 10,000 people showed up to WSU games when SIU was atop the Valley.
                              As for the queer remark, is that wishful thinking when we converge upon St.Louis? When I was in school there was a 10% club that represented that portion of the population. So yeah I'd guess there were some queers rooting on the Shox. There was a news report on channel 3 tonight. It seems even the rednecks who never stepped foot on a college campus but fought over whatever gear they bought are throwing some welfare cash at the Shox.
                              Phi Alpha

Comment

Definitely seeing a trend lately.
                                He's shooting 42.3% and averaging 9.25 points/game over his last four games. Not sure there's much to worry about there.

He had bad games here and against Loyola. He had bad games early in the season, too ... Tenn State, for instance.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X