No announcement yet.

#2 Wichita State vs. Southern Illinois OFFICIAL Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody catch Barry's post game remarks regarding the crowd?

It had me LOLing to tears.

I do like Mr. Hinson.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Pretty simple. Pull up and shoot (which he is very good at) or run Ron at the point and Fred at the Wing where he can get a different attack angle.
      Definitely Agree, I think Fred does need to shoot off the dribble here more to try to close the space between him and his defender. Thus allowing the "blow-by" to occur more frequently as we became accustomed to seeing.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I haven't been to the Saluki board yet, but if some of the snippets floating around are true, just wait..

BRB.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I haven't been to the Saluki board yet, but if some of the snippets floating around are true, just wait..

BRB.
          Get em Feve!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Anybody catch Barry's post game remarks regarding the crowd?

It had me LOLing to tears.

I do like Mr. Hinson.
            please elaborate
            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Dont get me started on officials. By my retarded eyes they missed 5 traveling calls; SIU converted on all 5. I think the score should be -10 from SIU. And Fred's 3 foul was the bullshit call of the century of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                please elaborate

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  Dont get me started on officials. By my retarded eyes they missed 5 traveling calls; SIU converted on all 5. I think the score should be -10 from SIU. And Fred's 3 foul was the bullshit call of the century of the game.
                  they were not good

Comment

• That little stinker, Beane.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Barry had high praise for the crowd. Must not have come through on tv (although the post-post-show host- Ted Woodward and someone? - said the crowd was the quietest he'd heard over a 20 min stretch.

Comment

• ESPN Sportscenter coverage was all positive with focus on Baker (stealing, blocking, dunking and knocking down 3pters)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          Dont get me started on officials. By my retarded eyes they missed 5 traveling calls; SIU converted on all 5. I think the score should be -10 from SIU. And Fred's 3 foul was the bullshit call of the century of the game.
                          Good call. In the end, the foul disparity was only 6, which isn't a reason for an official reprimand IMO. The FT disparity was larger but that's because we were being tackled at the hoop. SIU fans really wanted this one since they had it for about 30 minutes. Now, they're starting to whine like the Saluki fans of old. You're still 10-16 boys. Long ways to go. I was gonna have some positive things to say about SIU but if they're just gonna throw out garbage foul excuses, **** em.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                            Barry had high praise for the crowd. Must not have come through on tv (although the post-post-show host- Ted Woodward and someone? - said the crowd was the quietest he'd heard over a 20 min stretch.
                            It was very quiet in first half. Not much flow, kind of sloppy, and lots of whistles. The crowd was much more active in the 2nd half, and there were 2 stretches when they were extremely loud and provided a lot of energy.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              It's starts like this against vastly inferior talent that places serious doubt if we could do damage in the tourney and deserve our ranking. Geesh-o-flips this is pathetic.
                              Listen to Coach Marshall for once, douchebag. You aren't going to play 26 perfect games of basketball to get to 26-0. You aren't going to play perfect 40 minutes a game to get to 26-0. You do realize that EVERY opponent is getting up to knock us down?

Your shtick is beyond pathetic.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                how is it that this team has lost 15 games?
                                Barry went to the young'ns and they've responded. They are a completely different team playing the likes of Smithpeters, Olaniyan and O'Brien, plus Jackson has been playing under control and Beane is playing like a 1st teamer, at least.

I'm giving SIU all the credit tonight. They had a plan, stuck to it and executed it and it nearly worked. Don't want to see those guys in St. Louis.

Comment

Working...
                                X