#2 Wichita State vs. Southern Illinois OFFICIAL Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    If having post focus is a criteria for posting I am out of luck. But I understand what you mean.
    Hey, I'm supposed to be disliking you, so stop trying to throw me off my game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I just want to see him score more total points than his brother in the same game in the Dance!
      Can WSU also score more point? Just a small point to ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        Absolutely, that's a given isn't it?

Comment

Absolutely, that's a given isn't it?
          Touché!!!

Comment

I just want to see him score more total points than his brother in the same game in the Dance!
            I was really quite hoping that the Beakers would not get far enough in the Dance to allow this to happen.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              I was really quite hoping that the Beakers would not get far enough in the Dance to allow this to happen.
              Jawhacks might not even agree to play the game...with it not benefiting them and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                If Nick outscores Andrew it's hard to imagine how we don't win.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                  If Nick outscores Andrew it's hard to imagine how we don't win.
                  I imagine we win period...how bout that!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    I have to admit I was using the worst case scenario where we lose our first game on a last second 3/4 court shot in the Championship game in St. Louis after all 5 starters have fouled out with 5 minutes remaining and are dropped down to an 8 or 9 seed and then face the #1 seeded, 9-loss Jayhawks in the Round of 32 on our way to our 1st ever men's basketball..........

Comment

• This morning on Sports Daily, Lutz and Bruce made fun of a caller who claimed the officiating sucked, cause Southern had 6 more fouls called on them. Shoulda been 16, I thought, but whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        This morning on Sports Daily, Lutz and Bruce made fun of a caller who claimed the officiating sucked, cause Southern had 6 more fouls called on them. Shoulda been 16, I thought, but whatever.
                        lutz, especially, dogs the mvc ad nauseum. that is his only angle (as if he ever thought the modern era mvc was worth a damn anyway). haertl must not be able to get a job in tulsa, because he is sucking up to lutz.

beane was straight up joe dumars (mcneese state u.) last night. that caught the shockers off guard, and they could have lost behind that outstanding performance.. but they didn't.

Comment

• Did anyone see who Coach was talking to throughout most of the game and especially after questionable foul calls? This person had to be sitting one or two seats in on media/officials row next to the Shocker bench. Towards the end of the game, after another questionable call Coach glared at this person and then gave the "call me" (thumb and pinky) sign a couple of times. He didn't look happy at all so I assume it was Elgin or the Valley head of officiating or someone like that. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Carly Rae Jepson.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
                            Did anyone see who Coach was talking to throughout most of the game and especially after questionable foul calls? This person had to be sitting one or two seats in on media/officials row next to the Shocker bench. Towards the end of the game, after another questionable call Coach glared at this person and then gave the "call me" (thumb and pinky) sign a couple of times. He didn't look happy at all so I assume it was Elgin or the Valley head of officiating or someone like that. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Carly Rae Jepson.
                            Has to be the first Carly Rae Jepson reference here ever....well played!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
                              Did anyone see who Coach was talking to throughout most of the game and especially after questionable foul calls? This person had to be sitting one or two seats in on media/officials row next to the Shocker bench. Towards the end of the game, after another questionable call Coach glared at this person and then gave the "call me" (thumb and pinky) sign a couple of times. He didn't look happy at all so I assume it was Elgin or the Valley head of officiating or someone like that. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Carly Rae Jepson.
                              I did notice this during the game. I didn't think it looked like Elgin. I thought perhaps the head of Valley officiating. There were a couple of times in the first half coached looked over with his hands spread like "See what we have to deal with?"

Comment

• our opponents recently have all stated that their gameplan is too "out tough" wichita state. To beat us, they have to out rebound us, have more steals, blocks, etc. Because they don't have the size or athletic advantage, they have to resort to grabbing, pushing, pulling, hacking, etc. Watch the trend. Everyone we play complains that we get the benefit of the officials and that there's a clear foul disparity. It's not rocket science. They are trying to win by any means necessary and they refs can't call them all. The teams we play in the NCAA will play us straight up and that's when we really shine.

Comment

Working...
                                X