No announcement yet.

#2 Wichita State vs. Southern Illinois OFFICIAL Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU did well at Beane Counting and 1 on 1 play. The 1st half they had 8-offensive rebounds. Ouch. They did miss their fair share of throws and that helped us. 1st half we were only 2-14 on 3 point shooting. Yikes!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Lots of silver linings tonight.

5 players in double figures. Two of them off the bench (Wiggins and Carter)
      26 bench points
      Ron ran the team while Fred has his least effective game of the year.
      Cle has a so so night and still scores 18

Grueling game to watch, but its a game that should serve us well in March
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        SIU did well at Beane Counting and 1 on 1 play. The 1st half they had 8-offensive rebounds. Ouch. They did miss their fair share of throws and that helped us. 1st half we were only 2-14 on 3 point shooting. Yikes!!!
        They were 2-18 at one point and made 6 of their last 9 in the second half (8-27 for the game).

Comment

• I stayed away until 2 minutes left and we won :)

Comment

• The young SIU bunch had won 4 in a row before tonight. Baker really helped us with FVV in so much foul trouble. Cotton was solid when both Baker and FVV had to set out with fouls in the 1st half. It really helps us having 3 point guards.

Comment

• @SethDavisHoops: Most impressive thing about Wichita State is the way those four perimeter guys excel on both ends of the floor. Rare in today's game.

@SethDavisHoops: Ron Baker the Bucket Maker.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                DD said it was 2-18 the first half and 6-9 the second half (8-27 for the game).
                My count had us 2-14 the 1st half and we missed 4 more in a row in the 2nd half before going on a much, much better streak.

Comment

• i have a feeling the scout is out on Fred. Collapse on his drive and let him throw up a sloppy shot or turn it over. We need to figure this out.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    My count had us 2-14 the 1st half and we missed 4 more in a row in the 2nd half before going on a much, much better streak.
                    I already corrected my post.

Comment

• @RobDauster: I'm convinced Ron Baker has never changed his expression. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        i have a feeling the scout is out on Fred. Collapse on his drive and let him throw up a sloppy shot or turn it over. We need to figure this out.
                        Been out for a while.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          i have a feeling the scout is out on Fred. Collapse on his drive and let him throw up a sloppy shot or turn it over. We need to figure this out.
                          Definitely seeing a trend lately.

Comment

• Our bench play looked solid tonight and we needed that. 26-0. 'Marathon' Mr. Baker just said was the theme. Not a sprint he said but 1 mile (one game) at a time.

Comment

• @MedcalfByESPN: Wichita State is the only team in America that's criticized ... for winning.

Comment

• @KWCHJenn: Barry Hinson to Marshall in the press room: man you got @kirstiealley in here and your suit costs 3 times mine

Comment

Working...
                                X