No announcement yet.

**Wichita State @ Northern Iowa Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I bashed KC Shox in another thread last night, I have to somewhat defend his statement here. It is a good question. People keep saying "just wait until the Shox start clicking on all cylinders." That has been a common thought on Shockernet for weeks. How long can that be said before we simply admit that this current team we are seeing is probably what we are going to get? That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the team keeps winning, and they are really good RIGHT NOW. However, doesn't it feel odd to continually say "just wait until they click" for week, after week, after week, after week?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I saw "what's wrong with this team" and read enough.
      Typical refusal to be honest with your argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Nothing like turning 25.
        I knew I missed a chance to party all night to Taylor Swift when they won 22
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I luv reading these in game comments, its comedy gold. Personally I never do it cuz I want to have a beer and watch the game while playing poker with the guys but some you guys crack me up. There is "Shocker Fever" running hot and cold with every poss, the overall negitivity of KC Shox and of course we have several sunshine pumpers and ref haters no matter what the situation. Reading this game thread I thought for sure the Shox got out rebounded...nope, Shox rebound margin was 16 (40-24), Shocker Fever told us several times during the game that our offense sux.....nope, 82 points, 53% from the field, 40% from 3, 80% from the line and 15 assits on 24 baskets (to be fair he also said offense was great to but we dont pass the eye test against poor teams). UNI got every call and was not whistled for any fouls......nope, UNI 25 fouls WSU 19. I dont know whats going to happen from here on out, I just want to enjoy the season and hope the wins keep coming, but not live and die with every bounce of the ball. And of course enjoy the comedy from this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
            I luv reading these in game comments, its comedy gold. Personally I never do it cuz I want to have a beer and watch the game while playing poker with the guys but some you guys crack me up. There is "Shocker Fever" running hot and cold with every poss, the overall negitivity of KC Shox and of course we have several sunshine pumpers and ref haters no matter what the situation. Reading this game thread I thought for sure the Shox got out rebounded...nope, Shox rebound margin was 16 (40-24), Shocker Fever told us several times during the game that our offense sux.....nope, 82 points, 53% from the field, 40% from 3, 80% from the line and 15 assits on 24 baskets (to be fair he also said offense was great to but we dont pass the eye test against poor teams). UNI got every call and was not whistled for any fouls......nope, UNI 25 fouls WSU 19. I dont know whats going to happen from here on out, I just want to enjoy the season and hope the wins keep coming, but not live and die with every bounce of the ball. And of course enjoy the comedy from this board.
            nice post. pretty much sums us up.

Comment

• i don't like it that these teams are going above and beyond with trying to get physical with the shockers, as a last resort or something.

i do like it that wichita state can dish it right back and then some.
              Last edited by another shocker; February 9, 2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• I thought this looked like a more difficult game for our team than the Indiana state game even though the score was much closer during the Indiana state game.

Also that court had some kind of film on it that was causing players to slip. I really thought somebody was going to get hurt.

I heard that there was a bit of an altercation between the teams prior to the game. Can anyone elaborate?

Comment

• The only thing I heard about was something to do with a defunct basket goal we were supposed to use in shoot around and Marshall wasn't too happy about the situation. Don't know the facts, don't know how much of a delay there was in our shoot around or if we had to cut it short. Didn't hear anything about the players being involved with each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    We're 25 games into the season, how long are we going to continue to say 'wait til we start clickin'. What's wrong with this team that it's taking them so long?
                    A joke?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      As much as I hate UNI's flopping, hooking, etc and they fact they get rewarded for it by Valley officials, the upside is that it makes you mentally tough to face that. When we get to the NCAAs, if we face this kind of thing, we will be ready for it, and if we face teams that play it straight up, it will be a refreshing change of pace.
                      Great point. The only thing that worries me about the NCAA tournament is that we get a crew who sees "wichita state" on one jersey and "big name" on the other and decides that there's no way "wichita state" can possibly play with "big name" without fouling.

I'm probably just being paranoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        As much as I bashed KC Shox in another thread last night, I have to somewhat defend his statement here. It is a good question. People keep saying "just wait until the Shox start clicking on all cylinders." That has been a common thought on Shockernet for weeks. How long can that be said before we simply admit that this current team we are seeing is probably what we are going to get? That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the team keeps winning, and they are really good RIGHT NOW. However, doesn't it feel odd to continually say "just wait until they click" for week, after week, after week, after week?
                        I'm glad the shockers don't share this attitude. Thankfully they're winners who are never satisfied with their performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          So by my count the refs have given uni 4 PTS and 2 extra possessions on bonehead calls.
                          When the player releases the ball prior to the contact, it is not a charge. It is a common foul since there was no possession (possession ended when the player released the ball, which was true).

Since it is a common foul, the ball is awarded nearest the spot unless the foul was the team 7th, which the offended team then shoots the bonus.

You're welcome.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            As much as I bashed KC Shox in another thread last night, I have to somewhat defend his statement here. It is a good question. People keep saying "just wait until the Shox start clicking on all cylinders." That has been a common thought on Shockernet for weeks. How long can that be said before we simply admit that this current team we are seeing is probably what we are going to get? That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the team keeps winning, and they are really good RIGHT NOW. However, doesn't it feel odd to continually say "just wait until they click" for week, after week, after week, after week?
                            ...or is it possible that we play down to the competition. It happened all the time last year. We won most of them, but slipped up and lost some we SHOULD HAVE WON. I want to believe we will seize the opportunity each game and continue to play "Winning Angry."

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                              That wasn't even going to get above the rim.
                              Absolutely correct, but we woould not have gotten the ball anyway because he slapped it out to the guards. But we would have saved the two-points , maybe
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                                When the player releases the ball prior to the contact, it is not a charge. It is a common foul since there was no possession (possession ended when the player released the ball, which was true).

Since it is a common foul, the ball is awarded nearest the spot unless the foul was the team 7th, which the offended team then shoots the bonus.

You're welcome.

That is all.
                                Thank you!
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X