**Wichita State @ Northern Iowa Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    We're 25 games into the season, how long are we going to continue to say 'wait til we start clickin'. What's wrong with this team that it's taking them so long?
    What's wrong with being 25-0? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

Nice call on the prediction thread, btw.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We're 25 games into the season, how long are we going to continue to say 'wait til we start clickin'. What's wrong with this team that it's taking them so long?
      Not every possession is going to be a score on offense, however, I think that offensively we could still get better. We shot a high percentage tonight and thus scored quite a bit of points but that doesn't mean that we had perfect shots every possession. There were still some bad possessions. Cut down on those and this game might not have been as close as it was.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        What's wrong with being 25-0? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

Nice call on the prediction thread, btw.
        You need to re-read KC Shox post and try again.

Comment

• Also KC, if we can't get any better than why should the team continue to practice? How about they just play the games since they have already reached their ceiling.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            You need to re-read KC Shox post and try again.
            I saw "what's wrong with this team" and read enough.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• my quick thoughts on the game:

The officiating was down right terrible at times.
              UNI got away with a whole lot of rough hits/hacks/swipes against WSU players. Specifically the first few times Early had the ball or was near it.
              Early played teriffic in the first half.
              UNI had a lot of lucky shots/calls keep them in the game
              2nd half wichita state goes on a good run after a poor start (uni 4 points and wsu 3 fouls).

The part of putting Wessel in and Carter with early on the bench payed huge dividends for WSU tonight. Early looked bad in the 2nd half and Wessel played for the most part some of his best defense this year. Carter was lights out in the 2nd half along with Cotton.
              Coach Marshall looked like he was not happy with the officials most of the game.

C and C dunk factory!

Cotton and Carter with monster dunks.

25 and 0!

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1246[/ATTACH]
                That was on espn.com for a hot minute before replaced with bonehead Smart

Comment

• I lost count of the number of times Washbun traveled and did not get called for it. He slides constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    I lost count of the number of times Washbun traveled and did not get called for it. He slides constantly.
                    the 2nd half of the game all washbun and others would do was sprint towards the wsu players and obviously travel and shoulder check the wsu player and get a cheap punk ass foul call.

it is annoying that refs call traveling at bogus times yet cant/wont call these times

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      the 2nd half of the game all washbun and others would do was sprint towards the wsu players and obviously travel and shoulder check the wsu player and get a cheap punk ass foul call.

it is annoying that refs call traveling at bogus times yet cant/wont call these times
                      As much as I hate UNI's flopping, hooking, etc and they fact they get rewarded for it by Valley officials, the upside is that it makes you mentally tough to face that. When we get to the NCAAs, if we face this kind of thing, we will be ready for it, and if we face teams that play it straight up, it will be a refreshing change of pace.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        As much as I hate UNI's flopping, hooking, etc and they fact they get rewarded for it by Valley officials, the upside is that it makes you mentally tough to face that. When we get to the NCAAs, if we face this kind of thing, we will be ready for it, and if we face teams that play it straight up, it will be a refreshing change of pace.
                        agreed
                        but the rules/officials getting in the way of good basketball

Comment

• Great road win Shox, who said we don't have a football team at WSU, we just need fewer players. Does their arena reside over an ice rink, lots of sliding tonight.

Comment

We're 25 games into the season and this team hasn't lost yet. What's wrong with you that you keep predicting losses?

Comment

• KCSHOCK needs to leave the shock part off I believe...just saying he's just a negative poster always taking the low road when it comes to our team

Comment

• I think we are clicking, all the way to 25-0. I your looking for any team to click perfectly threw 25 games you will have to watch it in a movie. No team in America can do that. But to b 25-0 at this point is just fantastic, period. The nay-sayers were picking us to lose deep down on this road swing just so they could say ' told you so '. Too bad, not this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X