**Wichita State @ Northern Iowa Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I can't believe anyone would think that sexual innuendo could be horrific unless that person was PC or a HR rep.
    Should I have just said Beastiality? I was trying to be nice.
    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Ref, did you think the refs were out of position last night when they made a lot of their calls? Just curious
      Hey will @shoxlax: or another Shocker fan give us a report of their experience at the game? If I missed it please let me know. Thank you!
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Just getting ready to do that bro....watch for a separate thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          The NCAA have gone further with instant replay than I even thought. We have to be careful with what we want reviewed. Stoppage in play, especially in basketball, can really adversely effect the flow of the game. I know we enjoy throwing darts at officials, but it is a very challenging task. At some point we have to live with the result of the call, whether we like it or not.
          When ESPN schedules basketball games, it allows two hours for a game telecast.

If two games are scheduled consecutively, it is a tight fit to telecast the entire first game without an overrun into the second scheduled game. It has been my experience that most often the first game runs longer than two hours and it causes the telecast of the second game to begin well after the tip-off of the second game.

Excessive official reviews will exacerbate the problem.

So, which is preferred? Get the call right or see more of the second game.

Just wondering.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

If two games are scheduled consecutively, it is a tight fit to telecast the entire first game without an overrun into the second scheduled game. It has been my experience that most often the first game runs longer than two hours and it causes the telecast of the second game to begin well after the tip-off of the second game.

Just wondering.
            Like the NFL, I think you will now see 15 minute buffers between games...say instead of 6 and 8 you will see 6 and 8:15. Just a hunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Just wondering.
              Just focus the majority of video reviews during timeouts. They have plenty of breaks to go back and get calls right.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                Just focus the majority of video reviews during timeouts. They have plenty of breaks to go back and get calls right.
                The only review that can really be "postponed" to the timeout is the 3-pt vs 2-pt., at least that comes to my feeble brain at this moment. Others, like who the ball went off of out of bounds, flagrant foul, etc., the next play depends on the decision and has to be made at the time. Perhaps what they could do is "declare"that moment to be the next TV timeout (trade right now for the one 1 to 4 minutes from now), but sponsors wouldn't like that.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Anybody have some gnat spray?
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Like the NFL, I think you will now see 15 minute buffers between games...say instead of 6 and 8 you will see 6 and 8:15. Just a hunch.
                    I hope you are right. I know that on the hour scheduling is pretty sacred with the networks.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      Excellent point.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                        KCSHOCK needs to leave the shock part off I believe...just saying he's just a negative poster always taking the low road when it comes to our team
                        He has tenure and has the right to his opinion whether other people like it or not....

If nothimg else he keeps things interesting. And his neighbors love him for all of the laptops he has given away this year.

:~)
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          He has tenure and has the right to his opinion whether other people like it or not....

If nothimg else he keeps things interesting. And his neighbors love him for all of the laptops he has given away this year.

:~)
                          +1

Nothing's worse than an internet forum where everyone agrees on everything. That's no fun - mind-numbing actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            +1

Nothing's worse than an internet forum where everyone agrees on everything. That's no fun - mind-numbing actually.
                            I'll +1 this. Couple more +1's and we'll get to an overwhelming majority, and that will make me feel better.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              +1

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              I'll +1 this. Couple more +1's and we'll get to an overwhelming majority, and that will make me feel better.
                              Sorry... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I don't know if this has been brought up by any on this board or not but why your still talking about the UNI game I wanted to share some props to your coach Greg2 Marshall.

In front of what was a large and vocal crowd (for us in CF) a 10 year old girl was selected to sing the National Anthem. Marshall stood approx 30 feet in front of her and mouthed every word, just hoping she hit every note. He seemed very, very genuine. As soon as she was done Marshall immediately approached her and shook her hand accompanied by some kind words. I have accused your coach of being hot headed at times but this was a great move that landed your program a ton of respect from me. I already have my tickets for St. Louis (NCAA not Valley) and hope you guys land there. I WILL be wearing and cheering for the Shox for reasons just like this. Good luck the rest of the way out.

Comment

Working...
                                X