Bracketology - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
    I don't think there is anything analytical about that bracket. Based on their own numbers, how is Richmond is out, while these other teams are in?

RECORD RPI SOS
    Richmond 15-8 44 33
    California 15-8 51 38
    Providence 16-7 49 50
    Xavier 15-7 46 35
    Missouri 16-6 50 75
    Arizona St 17-6 41 74
    One line of code will take care of that fairly easily.

If Team.Conference in BCS(Conferences) Then Team.RawScore = Team.RawScore*1.25
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      Joe Lunardi on ESPN just picked WSU as the 4th number one seed as of today, but threw out the possibility of the Shockers not being a number one even if they are undefeated.
      Personally, I would love this. That would make our team play very angry for 6 games. The chip would be massive.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

While possible, it would take a series of very improbable events playing out for us to go undefeated and not receive a #1 seed. I would put the odds at < 2%.

It makes for a good talking point though, so I'm sure it will continue to come up until Florida, KU and Villanova take another loss or two.

Comment

Miles Simon last night said the same. This, however will be the narrative over the next 5 weeks.

JHFP is right. If Shocks go undefeated no way in hell they are not a #1.

Comment

I love how the talking heads say that we "will absolutely be a one seed if we go undefeated" for most of the season and then gradually back pedal as the odds of an undefeated season increase. There is no way that a five loss Florida would take our spot. I've watched them. They're good, but they aren't good enough nor was their schedule tough enough to say they deserve a one seed in spite of four or five losses. What a ****ing joke. The same goes for every other team in the country, but one. The only team that has a schedule that tough is KU, and that's because their SOS is 6 whole percentage points higher than the number two SOS team, Alambama.

Comment

Gosh I hope we go undefeated. The media will go crazy if we get a one seed. They'll go crazy if we don't. Our name will be plastered all over internet sites, magazines, newspapers, radio and tv. And I'll be leaning back in my chair with my hands clinched behind my head having a smile on my face enjoying the free pub we are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                Gosh I hope we go undefeated. The media will go crazy if we get a one seed. They'll go crazy if we don't. Our name will be plastered all over internet sites, magazines, newspapers, radio and tv. And I'll be leaning back in my chair with my hands clinched behind my head having a smile on my face enjoying the free pub we are getting.
                This might be the first time I have replied to a post of yours. You are truly entertaining and I genuinely appreciate your participation and impact of this forum. I don't agree with all of your takes, but entertaining all the same. I like this post from you however. You appear to have tough skin, which I admire. I can't help, however, to wonder when you'll go back over the edge. Keep lovin the Shockers KC.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  Don't forget your 1 year timeout.

Comment

RPI FORECAST -

Undefeated Season = 66.9%
                    Losing the next six games = 0.00000720%

ESPN BPI -

Undefeated Season = 79.4%
                    Losing the next six games = 0.00000010%
                    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 10, 2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

WSU a #1 seed in the Midwest in Blair Kerkoff's seeing (KC Star) http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/10...yers-must.html

Comment

Currently, the Shockers are gaining bracket places and still hold a #1 seed. Four more brackets have been added, now total 74 brackets, with an overall average of 1.39 compared to 1.50 just a few days ago.

Shockers rank out as:

#1 Seed - 48 times (64.9%)
                        #2 Seed - 23 times (31.1%)
                        #3 Seed - 3 times (4.1%)

Comment

Here is Lunardi's latest article with a headline-grabbing title, "Shockers No Lock for 1 Seed." http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ege-basketball

He goes on to describe how it's possible we can get locked out of a 1 seed if our peers finish red hot, etc.

Ironically, the graphic to the right in the article lists each team's odds of becoming a 1 seed. Who has the highest? Wichita State, at 70%, which is almost the exact same odds as going undefeated.

Comment

Lunardi still has WSU #1 in St Louis. In our Bracket has UMass and Oki State in the next round with KU and Michigan at the #3 and #2 in the same Midwest bracket. Others in our side is Iowa #5 and Cincinnati #4

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Lunardi still has WSU #1 in St Louis. In our Bracket has UMass and Oki State in the next round with KU and Michigan at the #3 and #2 in the same Midwest bracket. Others in our side is Iowa #5 and Cincinnati #4
                              I would be ecstatic with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Here is Lunardi's latest article with a headline-grabbing title, "Shockers No Lock for 1 Seed." http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ege-basketball

He goes on to describe how it's possible we can get locked out of a 1 seed if our peers finish red hot, etc.

Ironically, the graphic to the right in the article lists each team's odds of becoming a 1 seed. Who has the highest? Wichita State, at 70%, which is almost the exact same odds as going undefeated.
                                That headline irks me. Why? Because NOBODY is a lock at this point for a 1 seed. To me, a lock means that something is guaranteed, regardless of what happens the rest of the way. Is Syracuse a lock for a 1 seed? They won't be a 1 if they lose every game for the rest of the season. Okay, so that's a little extreme, but the point is that they can play themselves out of a 1 seed just as much as WSU can...although we certainly have a slimmer margin of error.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X