No announcement yet.

Bracketology - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Updated. Mostly bubble updates
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• can someone smarter than me link the newest CBS bracket? Except for Duke as a 4, kind of like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip1381 View Post
        I would like to see a matchup with Oklahoma State. To see the group of guards from both teams playing balls to the wall 40 straight minutes would make for a great game, or a brawl.
        True...and having played Evansville and Northern Iowa, certain floppers won't affect or surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip1381 View Post
          This is always nice to see, click on the column "Champ" to sort it by the best odds to win the championship:

http://masseyratings.com/tourn.php?t=603
          Interesting to see this has us ranked #1, Florida #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            can someone smarter than me link the newest CBS bracket? Except for Duke as a 4, kind of like it.
            Here ya go:

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              can someone smarter than me link the newest CBS bracket? Except for Duke as a 4, kind of like it.
              Nm

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                thank you!

Comment

• Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Lunardi posted a new bracket, but apparently forgot to edit it and has 3 pods headed to St. Louis and only 1 to Milwaukee...

Comment

• I tell ya what, there is just so much parity this year, all four regions are going to be super competitive. The way Lunardi's bracket looks right now, there isn't a region of death nor a particularly easy region (as if there ever is an 'easy' region)... I'd go so far as to say there are 20ish teams with a really legitimate shot at winning it all. This is going to be so much fun!!!!
                    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                    -- Pele

Comment

• Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                      I tell ya what, there is just so much parity this year, all four regions are going to be super competitive. The way Lunardi's bracket looks right now, there isn't a region of death nor a particularly easy region (as if there ever is an 'easy' region)... I'd go so far as to say there are 20ish teams with a really legitimate shot at winning it all. This is going to be so much fun!!!!
                      Very true. This has been going on now for the past 4 years.

From 1995-2009, 45% of the #1 seeds made the Final 4.
                      From 2010-2013, just under 19% of the #1 seeds in the F4.

1995-2009, over 88% of the F4 teams were 1-3 seeds. Only 12% were 4 seeds or lower.
                      2010-2013, less than 44% F4 teams were 1-3 seeds. 56% were 4 seeds or lower.

1995-2013, just under 12% of F4 teams were 5+ seeds.
                      2010-2013, over 31% have been 5+ seeds.

#1 seeds are also getting knocked out earlier.
                      When #1 seeds were eliminated from 1995-2009, 16 - E8, 10 - S16, and 7 - R32.
                      When #1 seeds were eliminated from 2010-2013, 4 - E8, 6 - S16, and 3 - R32.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
                        http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Lunardi posted a new bracket, but apparently forgot to edit it and has 3 pods headed to St. Louis and only 1 to Milwaukee...
                        The Midwest region should be renamed the Angry region. Shox, Pokes, Cincy, and VCU.

My FF out of that Bracket: WSU, Louisville, Wisconsin, Arizona. Shox vs. Louisville for NC. Shox win 72-68.

:-)
                        Last edited by jocoshock; March 15, 2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Man, that bracket is insane... If the actual bracket is anything like that the first round is going to have lots of "upsets" this year.

Comment

• Gottlube says without Embiid, KU should be concerned about being a 3/4 now instead of a 2 and possibly getting bumped from St. Louis. And he's an expert.

Comment

• Updated with Tulsa.
                              CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Comment

• I really don't get Lunardi's latest bracket. He has Louisville as a #4 seed and trending downward? They have been beating the crap out of their opponents lately and racking up a ton of points in the process. Historically, Louisville always seems to get hot this time of year. I would think a #2 seed is much more appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X