No announcement yet.

Bracketology - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we could somehow get matched up with BCS teams all the way to a National Championship, I would like our chances.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      If we could somehow get matched up with BCS teams all the way to a National Championship, I would like our chances.
      Good one!

Comment

Agreed. Far more concerned about the SMUs. SDSUS, Cincy's, SLUs, etc than the B10, B12, ACC, SEC, PAC12 teams.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Agreed. Far more concerned about the SMUs. SDSUS, Cincy's, SLUs, etc than the B10, B12, ACC, SEC, PAC12 teams.
          I'm gonna go ahead and agree with you on that point. Way rather play BCS schools the whole way!!! Seriously...
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            I need to get a ruling on Cincinnati. All their players were recruited to play in the old Big East and the AAC got a BCS bowl bid. Their non-con schedule was also terrible so they're still scheduling like a power conference team.

Comment

I'd like to make a special note for Syracuse's region. Their first two games would be in Buffalo, NY; which is about 150 miles away from Syracuse. Then they go to Madison Square Garden, 255 miles from Syracuse. They won't need to leave New York unless they go to the Final Four, which is good for a Syracuse team that has played FIVE true away games all season (we've played 9). They'll be rewarded for playing a ton of easy home games with more home games.

That is roughly equivalent to us playing in Topeka and Kansas City, ie Syracuse will travel less before the Final Four than we would for any conference game away from home. In comparison, we are currently picked to travel 469 miles to Saint Louis before traveling 714 miles to Indianapolis. Arizona would travel 479 and 495, Florida 125 and 682. Simply put, Syracuse is going to be playing something more akin to home games than actual neutral site games, a huge advantage over the other #1 seeds (or indeed, over any team in the tournament). If we play Oklahoma State in Saint Louis the fanbases will at least be on somewhat equal ground, but the same could not be said for a potential SMU/Syracuse game in Buffalo.

Comment

Sorry to disagree with you, but I hope we don't see a BCS team in our first round. Just say'n.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  Sorry to disagree with you, but I hope we don't see a BCS team in our first round. Just say'n.
                  The likelihood is pretty much nil, I agree.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Todd Golden, ISUb's Beat Writer, participated in the Mock Selection and blogged about it: http://www.tribstar.com/toddgolden/x...st-impressions

I said this in the Games of Interest thread (to someone's comment about being pissed if we don't get seeded in the Midwest regional), but I'm not thrilled about playing Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games in a football stadium when all the other regionals are in regular size arenas, which makes for a much better fan experience (Madison Square Garden, where the Anaheim Ducks play and Memphis).

Discuss.

Comment

Cleanthony and Ron didn't seem to shoot too bad in the Georgia Dome.......Now if we could have gotten Ron to actually shoot instead of pass to EO....
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I have to wonder if they will close part of Lucas Oil Stadium off for the regional games (depth perception not withstanding). The bright side, it makes getting tickets a little easier.

Comment

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

These latest brackets to come out are starting to make a lot more sense.

Comment

Here's a discussion if the NCAA tournament had 4,096 teams. Lots of State of Kansas references. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxyPe...layer_embedded

What about Eckert? "They've started practicing and have a full roster."

"Fans will get to watch up to 500 games a day!"

"What about the 637 vs 638 match up?"

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                              I have to wonder if they will close part of Lucas Oil Stadium off for the regional games (depth perception not withstanding). The bright side, it makes getting tickets a little easier.
                              The court set-up shows exactly that....that the arena will be blocked off.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                                To answer your question, yes, they close down one side of the stadium... I bought tickets last week, and to be honest, there aren't many left...

Comment

Working...
                                X