Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology - 2014

ESPN Bracketologist Joe Lunardi - (02-06-14).JPG
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 6, 2014, 04:19 PM.

Nice to not know who is on the bubble because the concern is if we are a 1 or 2 seed.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Still on the bubble, trop -- just a dramatically different one: the #1 seed bubble.

Comment

This is the site that compiles projected brackets. (man I would hate to have this job)

Currently, the Shockers are compiled to be the last number #1 seed of the total 70 brackets with an overall average of 1.50.

They rank out as:

#1 Seed - 41 times
        #2 Seed - 24 times
        #3 Seed - 3 times
        #4 Seed - 1 time*

* = Jackass

Comment

So RealTime has us as a 4, is there some logic to that at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            #4 Seed - 1 time*

* = Jackass
            ...and a total moron. Doesn't have any of the 1 seeds playing even remotely close to home.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              ...and a total moron. Doesn't have any of the 1 seeds playing even remotely close to home.
              I almost wonder if this site uses a pure analytical determination of seed based on RPI, record, and SOS. There doesn't seem to be an surgery making the individual picks and putting them in geographic sites that make sense.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Also, you can go to the rankings page on bracket matrix and see how well a site has predicted the brackets in previous years.

No surprise, real time rpi is the worst.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  Nice to not know who is on the bubble because the concern is if we are a 1 or 2 seed.
                  #top5problems

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1236[/ATTACH]
                    It would be nice if Indiana State would win out and crack the top 50 giving WSU 5 top 50 wins (assuming #46 BYU and #47 Tennessee can stay in the top 50). 5-0 looks a lot better than 3-0 or 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      I almost wonder if this site uses a pure analytical determination of seed based on RPI, record, and SOS. There doesn't seem to be an surgery making the individual picks and putting them in geographic sites that make sense.

I don't think there is anything analytical about that bracket. Based on their own numbers, how is Richmond is out, while these other teams are in?

RECORD RPI SOS
                      Richmond 15-8 44 33
                      California 15-8 51 38
                      Providence 16-7 49 50
                      Xavier 15-7 46 35
                      Missouri 16-6 50 75
                      Arizona St 17-6 41 74
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        It would be nice if Indiana State would win out and crack the top 50 giving WSU 5 top 50 wins (assuming #46 BYU and #47 Tennessee can stay in the top 50). 5-0 looks a lot better than 3-0 or 1-0.
                        Hopefully 6-0, with Indiana State winning up to a loss to us in the MVC tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                          I don't think there is anything analytical about that bracket. Based on their own numbers, how is Richmond is out, while these other teams are in?

RECORD RPI SOS
                          Richmond 15-8 44 33
                          California 15-8 51 38
                          Providence 16-7 49 50
                          Xavier 15-7 46 35
                          Missouri 16-6 50 75
                          Arizona St 17-6 41 74
                          I'm sure they take more than a peek at the projected numbers as well as the current.
                          Not near as nice as your graphic, here is rpiforecast.com projections in order of record, RPI, SOS:

Richmond, 20-11, 51, 63
                          California, 19-12, 46, 28
                          Providence 20-11 52, 57
                          Xavier U. , 19-11,45, 18
                          Missouri , 22-9, 49, 89
                          Arizona St, 21-10 37,42

Comment

Joe Lunardi on ESPN just picked WSU as the 4th number one seed as of today, but threw out the possibility of the Shockers not being a number one even if they are undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              Joe Lunardi on ESPN just picked WSU as the 4th number one seed as of today, but threw out the possibility of the Shockers not being a number one even if they are undefeated.
                              Just watched that, and while he didn't articulate it well, there is some truth to it. First (and most likely supposition) is that WSU is 34-0 at selection time. Second supposition is that Syracuse and Arizona finish with not more than three losses and Florida finishes with not more than 5. If all if that happens AND one of Kansas, MSU, SDSU goes the rest of the season without a loss, then WSU gets some SERIOUS scrutiny for a #1 seed. I STILL think they get it, but there is reason to debate it if all seven teams finish that strongly.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X