Bracketology - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    That headline irks me. Why? Because NOBODY is a lock at this point for a 1 seed. To me, a lock means that something is guaranteed, regardless of what happens the rest of the way. Is Syracuse a lock for a 1 seed? They won't be a 1 if they lose every game for the rest of the season. Okay, so that's a little extreme, but the point is that they can play themselves out of a 1 seed just as much as WSU can...although we certainly have a slimmer margin of error.
    This is a great problem to have.. GoShox!!!
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      I would be ecstatic with that.
      My thought too. Except Oklahoma State is a pretty tough 8/9 to get in the second round.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
        My thought too. Except Oklahoma State is a pretty tough 8/9 to get in the second round.
        At this point, Oklahoma State is beyond a dumpster fire. Couple that with the Gottlieb factor and I'd love to face them. At the very least I'd prefer them over VCU.

Comment

Oklahoma State is really only good when they can make the game emotional. They live on flopping, dunking, shot-blocking, and trash-talking their way into the heads of their opponents. The even-keel of this Shocker team would be a nightmare matchup for them. They would be matched physically by WSU, and have the emotion sucked out of the game by our level-headed guards.

I do not like picking the poison of opponent that might kill us in the tournament (or the Valley tournament, for that matter) as I am aware that karma is ever-watchful. But I would not fear a matchup with Okie St. as much as some other possible tournament teams.

Comment

Got a chance to hear Rick Pitino speak. He said that he ignores (doesn't read or watch) articles about him or his team. There are lovers and haters for everyone. What others have to say about you is of no importance as long as you are doing your job well.

Same philosophy applies here. We can't control what others say about our team. The team (including coaches) need to keep focus on the next game. Good things will happen.
            A one seed isn't always an easier route to the big game.

Comment

All good points about OSU. I just meant it in terms of them as a dangerous 8/9 compared to the rest of the 8/9 field, though I agree about VCU and could easily imagine that one happening. Thinking about these match-ups is just a way to goof around with a 5 day break.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Wait. So people still think OSU is going to make the tournament? I don't think they stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by coran13 View Post
                  Wait. So people still think OSU is going to make the tournament? I don't think they stand a chance.
                  Keep in mind BYU and Tennessee are on the good side of the bubble. Oklahoma State has time to right the ship. Although at this pace they could be in trouble in a month.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I agree that they have a slight chance, but their remaining schedule is brutal. They have rematches against OU and Baylor (they lost both earlier in the season, and will be playing without Smart) and also have KU, K-State, and Iowa State, all of which they lost earlier in the season. I just don't see them winning many, if any, of these crucial games.

Comment

ESPN - #1 - (02-13-14).jpg

Comment

Mock selection and bracketing for the press is happening today. Shocks won the hypothetical MVC tourney. I'm guessing that will mean that their profile was undefeated and will garner a #1 seed in this exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                          Mock selection and bracketing for the press is happening today. Shocks won the hypothetical MVC tourney. I'm guessing that will mean that their profile was undefeated and will garner a #1 seed in this exercise.
                          They did get a #1 seed. The third #1 seed with Syracuse, Arizona, WSU, and Florida in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by coran13 View Post
                            I agree that they have a slight chance, but their remaining schedule is brutal. They have rematches against OU and Baylor (they lost both earlier in the season, and will be playing without Smart) and also have KU, K-State, and Iowa State, all of which they lost earlier in the season. I just don't see them winning many, if any, of these crucial games.
                            Even though pundits and rankers love the Big 12 this year, several games under .500 (like 7-11, for example) in conference play isn't going to do the job for the Okiepokes.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              At this point, Oklahoma State is beyond a dumpster fire. Couple that with the Gottlieb factor and I'd love to face them. At the very least I'd prefer them over VCU.
                              Maybe it's residual angst, but I ALWAYS like avoiding VCU....even though the win AT VCU should have exorcised my demons!

Comment

I don't want to play SMU. At all.

Comment

Working...
                                X