Bracketology - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by all valley View Post
    Thank you and congratulations on another fantastic season! As far as the tourney goes I think sweet 16 will be a great success. I think (but hope I am proven wrong and you go deep again) that the loss of senior leadership of Beast Hall and Armstead will show in the tourney. Good luck, go shox!!!
    Yep. It's clearly hurt them in their first 34 games so far.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• According to latest bracket could have a KU vs St Louis matchup in St Louis.

Comment

• Gonna be a tough road not matter what... and NO TEAM I'd rather have walk it than this WSU squad.

Comment

• Realtime RPI has this projection -- pretty much ignores geographical considerations.

St.Louis (to Memphis)
          7 Connecticut(26-8) American Athletic
          10 Nebraska(19-12) Big Ten
          2 Virginia(27-6) Atlantic Coast
          15 Eastern Kentucky(22-9) Ohio Valley
          St. Louis (to Indy)
          7 Baylor(22-11) Big 12
          10 Tennessee(20-12) Southeastern
          2 Duke(26-7) Atlantic Coast
          15 Weber St.(17-11) Big Sky
          San Deigo (to Indy)
          5 Gonzaga(27-6) West Coast
          12 Xavier(21-12) Big East / Florida St.(19-13) Atlantic Coast
          4 Wichita St.(33-0) Missouri Valley
          13 Georgia St.(23-7) Sun Belt
          Kansas #1 in Milwaukee (to Indy)
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Does anyone know what WSU's progression was in Bracketology was this year? I would even be interested in seeing what Lunardi had last summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              Does anyone know what WSU's progression was in Bracketology was this year? I would even be interested in seeing what Lunardi had last summer.
              Lunardi had us as a 5 seed in the preseason.

You can click the date box in the upper left hand corner and view each bracketology of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Does anyone know what WSU's progression was in Bracketology was this year? I would even be interested in seeing what Lunardi had last summer.
                Lunardi's first bracket (Nov 7) had the Shockers seeded #5

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/160

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

You can click the date box in the upper left hand corner and view each bracketology of the year.
                  The first time he had us as a 1-seed was January 30th. Been there ever since.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Im really confused. Yesterday Duke had the 2 seed in our region playing in St. Louis (the gayhawks)

Now hes moved it and has DUke but in raleigh, do they move the locations around like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

Thank you !

Comment

• Originally posted by all valley View Post
                        Thank you and congratulations on another fantastic season! As far as the tourney goes I think sweet 16 will be a great success. I think (but hope I am proven wrong and you go deep again) that the loss of senior leadership of Beast Hall and Armstead will show in the tourney. Good luck, go shox!!!

Leadership is one thing I'm not worried about

By example
                        Even last season, coaches knew who would take over the leadership roles in 2013-14. While managers sometimes worried over Carl Hall or Malcolm Armstead making it to film study on time, VanVleet, Baker and Cotton showed up with the early group. After the season, the transition to VanVleet’s team came without question or drama.

“Leadership — I wasn’t worried about that at all, not with these guys,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said. “They see the way (VanVleet) carries himself and the way he conducts his business.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/03/15/334...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShockersOfWichitaState View Post
                          Im really confused. Yesterday Duke had the 2 seed in our region playing in St. Louis (the gayhawks)

Now hes moved it and has DUke but in raleigh, do they move the locations around like that?
                          No bracketology placement of teams has ever mattered or remotely reflected the selection committee.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• According to the interview with NCAA Selection Committee chairman Ron Wellman by Gregg Gumbel, the 68 teams have already been picked. Only the seeding remains to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              According to the interview with NCAA Selection Committee chairman Ron Wellman by Gregg Gumbel, the 68 teams have already been picked. Only the seeding remains to be done.
                              Not terribly surprising. All the teams playing today were already good for an at-large regardless of today's outcome, with whoever wins the Sun Belt game getting an auto bid. I'd imagine all they're doing now is tweaking and going through alternate scenarios based on the outcomes of the remaining title games.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShockersOfWichitaState View Post
                                Im really confused. Yesterday Duke had the 2 seed in our region playing in St. Louis (the gayhawks)

The first weekend sites aren't tied to the regional site (2nd weekend site), they are moved around to fit with whoever is the best seed with the best geographic fit (Arizona->San Diego, Wichita St->St Louis, Duke->Raleigh, Villanova->Buffalo, etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X