***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread - Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    May have seen the MVC POY in today's game and, unfortunately, he was wearing purple.
    If we run the valley and don't have the poy I'll suck your dick. Straight up. No strings attached.

Comment

• All I am going to say is we were very fortunate tonight with the officiating. At best it was officiated even, I think it swung in our favor by a couple of fouls pretty easily. Free throws kept us in this game at the start before we made our run back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
        I love that we came back, but we have to stop these terrible starts. One of these days, we're going to be playing a D1 school that won't allow us to dig out like this.
        Gotta give Evansville credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
          All I am going to say is we were very fortunate tonight with the officiating. At best it was officiated even, I think it swung in our favor by a couple of fouls pretty easily. Free throws kept us in this game at the start before we made our run back.
          Yeah, no.

People like to look at the foul totals and assume one team got the benefit. If you watch the game, you will see that, as always, Evansville's entire offense is a series of illegal screens. Their rebounding tactic was to send 2 guys plowing through the lane, not after the ball, just trying to take people out. I wish officials would call these fouls, instead of the ticky-tack stuff on the defensive end. But then, Evansville would never have any players left in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
            At what point in today's game did the Shox decide to start playing basketball? Any specific play or was it another "motivational" halftime speech by HCGM?
            Offensive rebound and old fashion 3 pt play for Cle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              If we run the valley and don't have the poy I'll suck your dick. Straight up. No strings attached.
              You put way too much faith in the non douchebaggediness of the MVC POY voters.

But I agree. I WSU goes undefeated and the POY is not a Shocker, that is grounds for WSU to just go independent next year.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I liked the sign that said:
                Charles Koch Arena - the only place a full house beats 5 aces

Am sure it's been used in the past by other Evansville (or wichita east) opponents, but it was the first time I'd seen it

Comment

All I am going to say is we were very fortunate tonight with the officiating. At best it was officiated even, I think it swung in our favor by a couple of fouls pretty easily.
                  what about all the fouls from Evansville moving screens and hip checks that didn't get called? Couple of those get called instead of a couple Ballentines 3's and that changes the complexion of the game.

Comment

Dude. The MVC press hate WSU with a passion. Remember, these a-holes didn't vote TK on the all Defense team last year. I hope for your sake you don't follow through with that after it happens (unless you like that sort of thing)..

Comment

All I am going to say is we were very fortunate tonight with the officiating. At best it was officiated even, I think it swung in our favor by a couple of fouls pretty easily. Free throws kept us in this game at the start before we made our run back.
                      As others have said the foul disparity could have been much worse. Part of Evansvilles strategy is to foul on one end and flop on the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                        I liked the sign that said:
                        Charles Koch Arena - the only place a full house beats 5 aces

Am sure it's been used in the past by other Evansville (or wichita east) opponents, but it was the first time I'd seen it
                        I liked this sign as well.

However, if my opponent lays down 5 aces, I'm going for my six-shooter.

Comment

Early on it was way off and inconsistent. They missed some traveling calls too. But after HCGM reminded them of the rule changes it was called evenly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Yeah, no.

People like to look at the foul totals and assume one team got the benefit. If you watch the game, you will see that, as always, Evansville's entire offense is a series of illegal screens. Their rebounding tactic was to send 2 guys plowing through the lane, not after the ball, just trying to take people out. I wish officials would call these fouls, instead of the ticky-tack stuff on the defensive end. But then, Evansville would never have any players left in the second half.

They flat out (especially their bigs) got called for some pretty ticky tacky touch fouls down low when trying to guard us. There were plenty of other fouls that could have been called on both teams. We flat out came out on top of the reffing tonight, we got the benefit of the doubt playing defense and they didn't, they got called for everything on the defensive end.

Comment

ok....easily the most disturbing mind image ever on this board.....:)

Comment

• I agree that they got called for some weak fouls, especially in the second half in the post.

I do not agree that we got the benefit of the whistle. If the rulebook was called even remotely close to how it is written, Evansville wouldn't have an offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X