No announcement yet.

***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread - Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball 101: When you have 4 post players who are all quicker, faster, more athletic, and just generally more coordinated than your opponents 2 post players and no depth, you run your post players at their post players.

Slower, less athletic post players will always have foul problems against quicker and more athletic players. Mockeviscious is a decent post player, but he's slow. He has neither quickness nor speed. He's foul-prone in any game, but against the Shox athletic post players, he has two options: 1) Foul out. 2) Let the Shox have layups and dunks.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Basketball 101: When you have 4 post players who are all quicker, faster, more athletic, and just generally more coordinated than your opponents 2 post players and no depth, you run your post players at their post players.

Slower, less athletic post players will always have foul problems against quicker and more athletic players. Mockeviscious is a decent post player, but he's slow. He has neither quickness nor speed. He's foul-prone in any game, but against the Shox athletic post players, he has two options: 1) Foul out. 2) Let the Shox have layups and dunks.
      Mockeviscious has now fouled out of 5 games this year. A reasonable fan base would look at that number and recognize that he is apparently a guy that is prone to foul out in certain matchups. Evansville fans are probably trying to spin a conspiracy theory where officials have been fouling him out all year as a cover up for unfairly fouling him out against WSU.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Mockeviscious has now fouled out of 5 games this year. A reasonable fan base would look at that number and recognize that he is apparently a guy that is prone to foul out in certain matchups. Evansville fans are probably trying to spin a conspiracy theory where officials have been fouling him out all year as a cover up for unfairly fouling him out against WSU.
        On his 5th he went back to the bench once again confused. He talked with Marty who mimed his hands up body moving action. Mockeviscious emphatically put his arms up to which Marty have him a pat and told him to sit down.

Marty then shook his head which I took as "he really doesn't get it"

All this from 33 rows away b

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          It will not be Fred.

Is it possible Cle's contributions to this team are undervalued on this board? Answer, yes
          Agree. Cle has been the man this year. Probably the most consistent scorer/rebounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            On his 5th he went back to the bench once again confused. He talked with Marty who mimed his hands up body moving action. Mockeviscious emphatically put his arms up to which Marty have him a pat and told him to sit down.

Marty then shook his head which I took as "he really doesn't get it"

All this from 33 rows away b
            Evansville fans are really upset with those last two fouls, and while I will grant that they were stupid fouls, they were definitely fouls. Both times he was planted straight up, both times the WSU player had plenty of time to sidestep him and did so, and both times he slide his body sideways into the WSU player as he was going past, just not enough to stop the shot from falling. It was like he had decided to not foul, and then panicked at the last minute.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I'd like to know how we and every other BCS program missed on the Balentine kid. He's got game.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                I'd like to know how we and every other BCS program missed on the Balentine kid. He's got game.
                Given the Ron Baker situation, we of all people should know that guys can go under the radar. That said, while Balentine is a good player, he is also a good fit for the Evansville system and might not be as productive elsewhere. It is a good job of recruiting by Marty to find a talented shooter that fits into his system, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he would be a great fit everywhere, especially since I'm not sold on his abilities on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

• balentine is nba.. colt ryan is not.

that kid can play, assists included.

Comment

• To you posters blaming the bench players for losing point spread ground you
                    have to realize they are following the coaches orders by running the clock and
                    not trying to run up the score. They are not attacking offensively and the other
                    team is so, yes, they will naturally lose ground. Personally, I'd like to see the
                    coach let them play under normal game conditions to see what their true
                    capabilities are but I don't see that happening so please don't blame the players.

Comment

• @EnthusiAdams: Thank you Wichita! Not sure if I will be back or not this season. Maybe but maybe not. BUT will see you in Terre Haute and Cedar Falls soon.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I would vote for Fred ahead of Cleanthony. And that could be a little bit of an issue with those two possibly splitting some votes.
                        Could happen, but FVV will probably announce to all the voters that he is withdrawing his name from consideration. It's just his nature to promote his teammate. Gotta love, love, love Fred.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                          Yes there's a chance that Marty and Gregg won't finish their careers in the Valley. :) No conspiracy needed.
                          The Aggies scored 36 points in their last game and have lost five games in a row.

The Aggies can write big checks.

Say it ain't so, Joe.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            The Aggies scored 36 points in their last game and have lost five games in a row.

Say it ain't so, Joe.
                            It ain't so

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Say it ain't so, Joe.
                              I can't say. Maybe they hire Marty, maybe they don't.

Comment

• This win showed grit.That is why is was a good win.
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X