No announcement yet.

***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread - Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just don't recognize the difference between greatness and mediocrity.

Comment

• Went to MVCfans andd then tried to access the EU website but the "purple code" website says that domain may be for sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Went to MVCfans andd then tried to access the EU website but the "purple code" website says that domain may be for sale.

Comment

• Conspiracy Theory Guy take note: Don't know if it has been mentioned since the game, but in Greg' post game interview he was giving credit to how Marty runs the motion offense and said something like " Some time if we are in a different league I gotta sit down and pick Marty's brain on that offense". A different league - really?
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• We are in a League of our own now.

Comment

• My favorite moment. Early puts up a 4' jump shot. The ball goes 2'. No foul call. No block.

Edit: There should have been a foul called.

Another favorite moment. There were a few possessions, in which Wessel guarded Ballentine. I told Senora Rio that there was no way that Evan could stay with Ballentine. Evan did a nice job. Ballentine drew a foul and scored two points, but that was all, while Evan guarded him.

During the shoot around, Cle's 3 ball was almost as flat as a pancake.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                Conspiracy Theory Guy take note: Don't know if it has been mentioned since the game, but in Greg' post game interview he was giving credit to how Marty runs the motion offense and said something like " Some time if we are in a different league I gotta sit down and pick Marty's brain on that offense". A different league - really?
                I caught this as well.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Yes there's a chance that Marty and Gregg won't finish their careers in the Valley. :) No conspiracy needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    According to Evansville fans they were robbed and homered by the refs, otherwise they would have had a chance to win this one.
                    Apparently the Evansville fans have been spending too much time with MO ST fans. They should be careful about the company they keep.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• One of my favorite plays of the day was Colby's block then running the floor in transition to get the ball and be fouled. Great hustle.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        By the time ESPNU put our game on due to an overtime, we were behind by 11. When it went to 15, I poured three fingers of JD into a glass and miracuously, the tide quickly changed.

A lot of teams getting that far behind would have paniced. But not our guys.
                        I'm not sure where you were watching from because I got the game from before the tipoff. They left the Toledo/Ohio game with 2 something left in the OT to come to our game before it started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                          What do you think Simon and Bush's plus-minus stat is? It has to be pretty gruesome. They have a great ability to turn a 25 point win into a 12-14 point one.
                          Good heavens, Zub -- did you join Shockernet just to complain about walk-ons? Life must be pretty dull in Omaha now that WSU doesn't liven things up there once a season. You're worse than SB with his cringing.

You know you're having one heck of a season when people post to complain about winning by 12-14 instead of 20-25.

Comment

• EU fans just don't know basketball. They all thought they had a chance when they shot 100% from the field in the first 10 minutes of the game. That's the only reason they built up a 15 point lead. When that stopped happening and we became the aggressor, order was restored. The EU fans that are clamoring for foul calls are just as garbage as their program.

You weren't gonna win this game. You are the bottom dwellers. We are the mountain toppers. And you got owned. Don't mess with a sleeping giant.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It would be nice to see us win by 20 or more like we're supposed to. I just cringe in the last two minutes of our games when the mop-ups come in. You can probably subtract 10-15 points off our margin of victory due to this. I get it. Marshall wants them in because they practice hard too. I'd prefer it in the final minute. And I'd prefer them actually contributing something. It does get old watching blowouts turn close and then of course the national media then looks at the final score and shakes their heads.

A lot of things to be picky at 23-0 for sure.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• wow - delusional?

Comment

Working...
                                X