#4 Wichita State @ Drake Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    They're still Kansas, though. And you know voters are just itching to keep moving Kansas and Andrew Wiggins up.

Impossible to justify moving them past San Diego State, though.
    Nothing is impossible. KU has had a really tough road to plow through. It just may mean more to the voters than a team that beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
      Help me out here. When I go to the KNSS page and click "listen live" it's always some talkshow garbage. Where do you link to that stream without going through SR?
      "Listen live" is going play whatever is playing on the radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        "Listen live" is going play whatever is playing on the radio.
        Apparently not where I live.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Apparently not where I live.
          When I click on LISTEN LIVE, it goes to http://player.tritonmedia.com/entercom/KNSSAM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
            "We have ugly man boobs"
            I had nightmares of that last night.

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
            Who better, drake or our bench?
            When JRS got in with 13 minutes to go the other day I thought the lineup of him + nick + evan + green + colby felt like a starting lineup from year 1 of HCGM. I bet that group as starters with HCGM as coach could at least be .500 in this year's MVC.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Postgame:
            Bob Hull: Loyola scored 93 against UNI today in overtime.
            Coach Marshall: I don't they're going to score 93 against us.
            His deadpan delivery of that line was awesome. There wasn't an ounce of joke or laughter in his voice like Bob's. Bob was just teasing around but not Coach. Love it.

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            They're still Kansas, though. And you know voters are just itching to keep moving Kansas and Andrew Wiggins up.
            Impossible to justify moving them past San Diego State, though.
            A lot of pollsters want to say that they are voting on the team as they are NOW. Aka what have you done for me lately? In their mind the SDSU loss is no ancient history because KU has completed a very respected stretch of wins AND didn't choke in the let down game. OR another way of looking at this -- a lot of pollsters don't give a crap, they will just vote KU up.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            It's easier to synch ShockerRadio with the TV broadcast. Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't found a pause button for KNSS.
            I've been using TuneIn + DVR to make it happen.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Ok, so Illinois State shoots 1-25 from three and we win in Normal by 15. I'm thinking good thing they were so cold. So what happens next. We go to Des Moines and Drake lights us up (10-21) from three and we win by 17 in a game that wasn't anywhere near that close.
            When I want to get an idea of how it really went I look to see the margin before JRS comes in. Same with team stats like turnovers, etc.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            The Shocks were 13-15 from the line with the only two misses from players you wouldn't expect. One each from Baker and VanVleet.
            Why don't you call into the show tomorrow and ask Coach if he is worried that FVV and Baker had the only two FT misses last night.

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
            They were also chanting "Andrew's better. Clap, clap, clap clap clap."
            Better or Brother or that he is adopted -- I love that it fueled him. (That is pure speculation based on how he played and his reactions on TV.) I figure it was basically like the Drake students were the kitten in this upcoming gif and nick was the dog.

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
            Before Early's "right on time/always on time/never late" outback, they had to show EW's 3-point miss. So sad.
            Since he hasn't made a 3pt shot all year (that blew my mind) I think you have to record that as an assist since he obviously wasn't going for the make. (I love Evan. He will shoot out of this funk.)

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
            Even the local news guy, and HCGM, called out the student section for this :
            Subtract a point, though, for the student section that poked the bear with a pregame chant of “overrated.”
            “I’ve never heard the overrated chant,” Marshall said with a grin, “before the game.”
            And finally I'm glad someone there called them out for that stupidity. I honestly thought the "over rated clap clap clapclapclap" chant had been killed dead. I honestly thought everyone knew how stupid that chant is. But the Drake students proved me wrong. I'm glad our boys basically did this last night:

Finally, a gif of a bulldog being punked

Comment

Help me out here. When I go to the KNSS page and click "listen live" it's always some talkshow garbage. Where do you link to that stream without going through SR?
              That's all I do; click "Listen Live" and it fires up. Sometimes I get a deal to login or sign-up or something where I just cancel that. It opens a new browser with and starts playing. The site streams exactly what's playing on the radio so only available during the game broadcast.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                If we don't guard the three any better than that (and just rely on the opponent's legs giving out the second half) Loyola may give us more trouble that we expect. They have 6 guys shooting above 37% from 3, and 8 shooting above 40% on FG.
                LOL!!! Against the Shocks defense?
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  I had nightmares of that last night.

When JRS got in with 13 minutes to go the other day I thought the lineup of him + nick + evan + green + colby felt like a starting lineup from year 1 of HCGM. I bet that group as starters with HCGM as coach could at least be .500 in this year's MVC.

His deadpan delivery of that line was awesome. There wasn't an ounce of joke or laughter in his voice like Bob's. Bob was just teasing around but not Coach. Love it.

A lot of pollsters want to say that they are voting on the team as they are NOW. Aka what have you done for me lately? In their mind the SDSU loss is no ancient history because KU has completed a very respected stretch of wins AND didn't choke in the let down game. OR another way of looking at this -- a lot of pollsters don't give a crap, they will just vote KU up.

I've been using TuneIn + DVR to make it happen.

When I want to get an idea of how it really went I look to see the margin before JRS comes in. Same with team stats like turnovers, etc.

Why don't you call into the show tomorrow and ask Coach if he is worried that FVV and Baker had the only two FT misses last night.

Better or Brother or that he is adopted -- I love that it fueled him. (That is pure speculation based on how he played and his reactions on TV.) I figure it was basically like the Drake students were the kitten in this upcoming gif and nick was the dog.

Since he hasn't made a 3pt shot all year (that blew my mind) I think you have to record that as an assist since he obviously wasn't going for the make. (I love Evan. He will shoot out of this funk.)

And finally I'm glad someone there called them out for that stupidity. I honestly thought the "over rated clap clap clapclapclap" chant had been killed dead. I honestly thought everyone knew how stupid that chant is. But the Drake students proved me wrong. I'm glad our boys basically did this last night:

Finally, a gif of a bulldog being punked
                  JRS kind of reminds me of CS, without the athletic ability.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                    JRS kind of reminds me of CS, without the athletic ability.
                    Now thats just mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Now thats just mean.
                      I hate initials. Who is C.S.?
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Craig steven.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          Craig Steven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            The replay on Cox22 is working. All I'm really seeing is that WSU has players who can execute and make plays. DU does not.

There really isn't a way to compare these two teams.
                            Among other factors, Drake has way too many white guys on their team, who cannot play.

Everyone of the Shockers can play except one.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
                              Craig Steven.
                              Thanks. I should have known.

Boy, times have changed.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                Now thats just mean.
                                But the truth! And the truth hurts.

Comment

Working...
                                X