No announcement yet.

#4 Wichita State @ Drake Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As opposing coach Gregg Marshall left the interview room, he showed a glimpse of the tough-minded core of the program when he quietly quipped to a few stragglers: “Did the mighty Spartans lose again?”

I love our coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      As opposing coach Gregg Marshall left the interview room, he showed a glimpse of the tough-minded core of the program when he quietly quipped to a few stragglers: “Did the mighty Spartans lose again?”

I love our coach.

not that he ever going north anyway, but we can probably scratch MSU as a potential destination job....

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        The Drake students also chanted "Overated" prior to the game. They really aren't very creative but they are stupid.
        What do you expect them to chant - "We Can't Beat You! . . . clap, clap, clap clap clap"?
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

As opposing coach Gregg Marshall left the interview room, he showed a glimpse of the tough-minded core of the program when he quietly quipped to a few stragglers: “Did the mighty Spartans lose again?”

I love our coach.
          I dont like quotes like this...reeks of insecurity. It is not needed and it would serve as motivation if WSU and MSU hook up in tourny

Comment

• Watching Sportscenter U this morning and they had FVV to Ron to Tekele one-handed slam as #9 play (when compared to all other college bb plays). The OSU player's 360 was #3 on SCU, but #1 on the main SC.

At end of show, they put up Joe Lunardi's #1 seeds:
            Arizona
            Syracuse
            Kansas
            Shox

Then, Matt Schlick said WSU has chance to move up in the polls with Mich St losing, to which Adrian Branch quickly cut him off to say "just keep winning"! Amen!

Still no WSU "U"...lame.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Did a review of Wednesdays slam, tonights alley oop, and 2nd half dunk by Tekele, plus Early "never late's" putback slam.
              Before Early's "right on time/always on time/never late" outback, they had to show EW's 3-point miss. So sad.

Comment

I love our coach.
                Me too, Doc, and I hope he never leaves. But I do wish he'd be a little more gracious about the other highly ranked teams. He doesn't have a beef with those teams, just the idiot sportswriters who refuse to rank the Shocks where they deserve just because they play in the Valley. And Michigan State was down two starters, which is something whose impact we know all too well, just as we saw the impact of getting a key guy back when Baker returned last year.

Marshall's a smart guy who knows how to motivate his players, so I'm not going to tell him how to do his business. But I doubt that he would want his guys offering bulletin board material to opponents -- so why give some to Tom Izzo in case WSU meets Michigan State in a high-stakes game this March or even April?

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Still Thames' line is very good and you can't argue otherwise.
                  Yeah I think immediately after I saw he had no assists so far with about 6 minutes left, he started racking them up. He got them when it counted... much like Fred.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                    Before Early's "right on time/always on time/never late" outback, they had to show EW's 3-point miss. So sad.
                    That one was there. Best one all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Me too, Doc, and I hope he never leaves. But I do wish he'd be a little more gracious about the other highly ranked teams. He doesn't have a beef with those teams, just the idiot sportswriters who refuse to rank the Shocks where they deserve just because they play in the Valley. And Michigan State was down two starters, which is something whose impact we know all too well, just as we saw the impact of getting a key guy back when Baker returned last year.

Marshall's a smart guy who knows how to motivate his players, so I'm not going to tell him how to do his business. But I doubt that he would want his guys offering bulletin board material to opponents -- so why give some to Tom Izzo in case WSU meets Michigan State in a high-stakes game this March or even April?
                      Agree. It just isn't needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        interesting that the Drake fans are chanting OVER-RATED before the lineups are even announced. Nothing like playing with a rattlesnake...
                        Even the local news guy, and HCGM, called out the student section for this :
                        Subtract a point, though, for the student section that poked the bear with a pregame chant of “overrated.”

“I’ve never heard the overrated chant,” Marshall said with a grin, “before the game.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mustache View Post
                          Huh?
                          I think he means you need to buy an actual radio with DVR-like capabilities (pause/rewind)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                            I've said it many times before - listen to the KNSS stream and NOT shockerradio.com. shockerradio.com is a J-O-K-E.
                            Help me out here. When I go to the KNSS page and click "listen live" it's always some talkshow garbage. Where do you link to that stream without going through SR?
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              Enevold looks like Powder.
                              When he first came into the game, my friend said "You know black men can pull that shaved head look off real well; white guys not so much. This guy looks like a giant thumb out there." I'm still chuckling.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Good game other than guarding the 3. I guess you have to give them some credit for making shots. I would like our clean up guys to at least make a basket or two. All I ask for was 80. Is that too much to ask? Make a shot guys.
                                If we don't guard the three any better than that (and just rely on the opponent's legs giving out the second half) Loyola may give us more trouble that we expect. They have 6 guys shooting above 37% from 3, and 8 shooting above 40% on FG.

Comment

Working...
                                X