#4 Wichita State @ Drake Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    I mean, sure, there are voters who are going to continue to give us the shaft. But those same guys who have us at 9 and 10 had us at 12 and 13 last week.

I guess I'm just tired of posters here trying to sound smart or paranoid by calling our peak in the polls. I've been fighting them on here for a month.
    I don't think we have a peak. I think we'll be #1 by the end of the season if we're still undefeated.

But I think the week to week upward climb will be a grind.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      I don't think we have a peak. I think we'll be #1 by the end of the season if we're still undefeated.

But I think the week to week upward climb will be a grind.
      Agreed.

The bright side is that the teams around us are entering the meatgrinder portion of their schedules. Losses are piling up and will continue to do so.

Comment

• #3 in both.

Time to stop the rediculousness. The three undefeateds should be 1-2-3, until someone proves them otherwise.
        The Assman

Comment

• i think kansas will try to run the score up, kinda like football to move up in the polls. for sure we should move up to 4 AP, and maybe 3 in the coaches. not that big of deal, but from a respect thing it is. Our guys are coming off a final four, with 3 starters back. a wooden watch player and potential POY in Early. Best road team over last 3+ years....that sounds like a good enough reason to me....our guys play lights out D with alot of offensive firepower...but I also realize how the talking heads try to justify how they vote. But I do believe we have alot of people in our corner too.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock10 View Post
            Is it wrong of me to say Shocker Radio.com is a pile of crap?
            I've said it many times before - listen to the KNSS stream and NOT shockerradio.com. shockerradio.com is a J-O-K-E.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• It's easier to synch ShockerRadio with the TV broadcast. Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't found a pause button for KNSS.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Agreed.

The bright side is that the teams around us are entering the meatgrinder portion of their schedules. Losses are piling up and will continue to do so.
                Definitely.

And Arizona has seven games on the road in their final 11 games. After only playing on the road four times all year, three of which they won by single digits, and twice by four or less. They've back-loaded all of their away games.

Syracuse likewise had seven road games in their last 13, after only playing three road games to this point. They barely survived against an average Miami team in the first of that run. Their three ACC road games have come against three of the bottom four teams in the league, and their one noncon road win was over a mediocre St. John's. The road games they have left in the ACC are against the #2, #3, #4, #6, and #7 teams in the conference (and Clemson at #5 is not as good as #6/7). Basically they still have to play the entire top half of the ACC on the road.

Their schedules are undoubtedly harder, but WSU is the only team tested on the road, with seven road wins, and only five left to go, none of which will be our toughest road opponent of the year.

I think we're far less susceptible to a road loss right now than either of those two are. Those two will lose, and probably repeatedly.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Ok, so Illinois State shoots 1-25 from three and we win in Normal by 15. I'm thinking good thing they were so cold. So what happens next. We go to Des Moines and Drake lights us up (10-21) from three and we win by 17 in a game that wasn't anywhere near that close.

Looking forward to getting the guys back in Koch Arena for a couple of games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    It's easier to synch ShockerRadio with the TV broadcast. Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't found a pause button for KNSS.
                    You need the right kind of radio. Costs around $65.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      You need the right kind of radio. Costs around $65.
                      Huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Ok, so Illinois State shoots 1-15 from three and we win in Normal by 15. I'm thinking good thing they were so cold. So what happens next. We go to Des Moines and Drake lights us up (10-21) from three and we win by 17 in a game that wasn't anywhere near that close.

Looking forward to getting the guys back in Koch Arena for a couple of games.
                        1-25
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          1-25
                          Corrected. Thanks.

Comment

• The Shocks were 13-15 from the line with the only two misses from players you wouldn't expect. One each from Baker and VanVleet.

Comment

• More poking the dog with a stick....

Coach Gregg Marshall appeared to be stumping for his team with what seemed to be a bit of a jab at Michigan State (18-2) after the game.

"Did the mighty Spartans lose again?" Marshall said as he left the podium following his postgame news conference.

"This is a very good basketball team. We don't have to apologize to anybody about our schedule," Marshall said. "Was it (former Arizona Cardinals coach) Dennis Green that says, `We are what they say we are?' So, we're (fifth) in the country and probably moving up -- that is unless there's some elite team wants to jump us this week. I don't know who that elite team might be."

Comment

• I think that we'll be #3 in both polls. All Florida did this week is beat two teams that we also beat. And Kansas has 4 losses. Some voters might have them ranked higher, but it's probably not gonna be enough to make a difference. If anything having some voters rank only KU ahead of us while others rank only Florida ahead of us, while others still leave Michigan State at #3 will probably muddy things up enough so that we can take the lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X