#4 Wichita State @ Drake Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
    Just saw highlights on ESPN. After the game, they discussed who was better out of Wichita State and SDSU. One of the analysts (Andy Katz I believe?) said WSU would win in a late possession game on a neutral court. The other analyst, no clue who it was, said it wasn't even a question and that SDSU was better, and he'd take their point guard over ours any day.
    It's ok. He's the type of guy that would jump Florida over the Shox because they picked up good wins against Alabama and Tennessee and he heard the Shox haven't played anyone.

Comment

• It's kinda funny how he mentioned that, as SDSU trails Utah State right now. Game's on ESPNU.

And no, this isn't your typical really, really good Utah State team.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
        Just saw highlights on ESPN. After the game, they discussed who was better out of Wichita State and SDSU. One of the analysts (Andy Katz I believe?) said WSU would win in a late possession game on a neutral court. The other analyst, no clue who it was, said it wasn't even a question and that SDSU was better, and he'd take their point guard over ours any day.
        I didn't see the highlights yet on ESPN (were you watching the main channel?). Finally something on the ticker, though: "Shocker monster slams"

Comment

• I'm actually kind of hoping SDSU wins this game against Utah State. I don't think SDSU will jump us at any point in the polls but they're currently creating a barrier between us and KU. KU can't jump them, SDSU can't jump us, but KU can jump us.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            It's kinda funny how he mentioned that, as SDSU trails Utah State right now. Game's on ESPNU.

And no, this isn't your typical really, really good Utah State team.
            Not to mention one of USU's losses is BYU

Comment

• Did a review of Wednesdays slam, tonights alley oop, and 2nd half dunk by Tekele, plus Early "never late's" putback slam.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Thames is 6 foot 3 so he's a pretty good sized point guard but I'd like to think that Fred could get him in Foul Trouble

Who knows.
                Here's a nice stat from the SDSU game against USU.

Thames has ZERO assists. I'll go ahead and take FVV

Comment

• USU cannot get a call late in the game.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Did a review of Wednesdays slam, tonights alley oop, and 2nd half dunk by Tekele, plus Early "never late's" putback slam.
                    I think it was "early: always on time"

I thought CBS coverage of all the dunks from tonight was better, but had to suffer thru gottleibs nonsense that he wouldnt rate us a 1 seed if were undefeated on selection Sunday.

Comment

• That's why you foul...

Comment

• Thought Thames was going to hit that....

Comment

• USU crumbling.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1549575_10201274187124627_2016989497_n.jpg
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              anybody know exactly what the student were chanting at Nick, when he was at the line?
                              They were also chanting "Andrew's better. Clap, clap, clap clap clap."

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1196[/ATTACH]
                                Cool stuff, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X