I know, I know. At the time, it was a excellent description. :tongue-new:

Fortunately, it was only a temporary setback. :excitement:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      Holy **** I'm still as high as Georgia pine
      Did you watch the game in Colorado?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Obviously any single poster can start a thread, but they had fans come on that thread and state definitively that the officiating wasn't the reason they lost.
        and they have fans arguing that it was....split fan base. There is also a fan subset that doesn't like Lusk.

Comment

• i followed it with my phone in the 2nd half and saw the lead at 19 and then 15 then 10 then 5 and knew this was WSU's game and they werent going to give up!

awesome win!

Comment

• Can someone enlighten me on the "U" thang.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I missed the first part....did we have a U?
              Nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Standing by this.
                Tonight does prove is that it will not be easy at all to achieve an undefeated season (I'm still not expecting it) and if that is going to be a possibility we need to play better overall than we did tonight. I don't think we want to depend on comebacks like we had tonight to keep the dream season alive. OTOH, you probably need 1 or 2 dream comebacks to complete a dream season. We may have used our quota tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Tonight does prove is that it will not be easy at all to achieve an undefeated season (I'm still not expecting it) and if that is going to be a possibility we need to play better overall than we did tonight. I don't think we want to depend on comebacks like we had tonight to keep the dream season alive. OTOH, you probably need 1 or 2 dream comebacks to complete a dream season. We may have used our quota tonight.
                  I'd be fine with not needing any more like tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    idk, they have thread over titled "rigged" and complaining the ref's were protecting WSU.
                    Most Bear fans were classy. When leaving the arena there were a couple that were quite mad because of the foul discrepancy. I didn't say anything but I thought the small post players that were playing inside could have been called for a lot more. They mucked it up inside and only Baker was hitting OUTSIDE shots consistently. We needed to do a better job of fretting the ball into the paint in the first half.

Comment

• I may be in the minority here, but I was thinking about this before the situation today... I do not at all like when we foul, up three, with a short amount of time remaining. I have seen Ruffin, Tatum, Tolliver, all make last second shots, yes. But unless we foul, the best the other team can do there is tie. With a made free throw and possible tip out.. a three could lose the game. Why give them the chance. And when the game comes down to a rebound, officials tend to swallow their whistles.. and a rebound becomes a scrum.. I don't know.

I know it has been discussed here before. But when we chose to foul, I kinda cringed. Then the almost tip in, the almost walk from Baker, loose ball. Gosh. Just rather take my chances.
                      Goo Shockers

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        I quit watching and got off SN when we went 19 down in the 2nd.

However, upstairs, I was getting regular updates from the wife as she was watching on her phone. Based on those updates, I waited until it was over before getting back on.
                        I'm so ashamed of you.

Comment

• Good coverage on KWCH, showed some of post-game lockerroom and said Marshall full post-game speech would be on their website tomorrow.

Comment

• How the crap did SWOMO get blown out by LuC? Not hitting their 3s ???

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I think this game manages to show both why we might or might not go undefeated.

On the one hand, this game shows how difficult it is to go undefeated. People are going to get hyped to play out and shoot their minds out. All it takes is a poor shooting night from you along with one of those performances and you could lose even if you are a much better team.

On the other hand, this game shows why we might go undefeated. You survived one of those nights. This is a game that most teams would have lost. Even with everyone treating playing us like their superbowl, it isn't likely that we will often see nights that our opponents shoot that well and we shoot that poorly. The teams that go undefeated win a lot of games by double figures and win a handful of games close that they easily could have lost.

Did we use up our comeback quota or use up some of our close game quota? Hard to say.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan45 View Post
                                I may be in the minority here, but I was thinking about this before the situation today... I do not at all like when we foul, up three, with a short amount of time remaining. I have seen Ruffin, Tatum, Tolliver, all make last second shots, yes. But unless we foul, the best the other team can do there is tie. With a made free throw and possible tip out.. a three could lose the game. Why give them the chance. And when the game comes down to a rebound, officials tend to swallow their whistles.. and a rebound becomes a scrum.. I don't know.

I know it has been discussed here before. But when we chose to foul, I kinda cringed. Then the almost tip in, the almost walk from Baker, loose ball. Gosh. Just rather take my chances.
                                If you are playing the odds, you foul. This was explained well during the game. The odds say it is more difficult to 1. Make a free throw 2. Miss a free throw and get the board. 3. Make the follow.

It may always look like you came close to losing, but odds are better than a decent look at a three.

Comment

Working...
                                X