#6 WSU @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    Highlights up very soon on Sportscenter.
    Ummm...WTF ESPN?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Ummm...WTF ESPN?
      That sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        Damn I wish I would have gone now. That game was epic.
        I think that there are probably thousands of people who are now saying that.

Comment

• Here's how good we are:

Missouri's GOVERNOR just tweeted at Missouri State congratulating them for their effort in a LOSS to us.

Governor Jay Nixon@GovJayNixon18m
          Valiant effort by @MSUBears:Hoops takes No. 6 Wichita State into overtime. Gonna be a great year

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Ummm...WTF ESPN?
            Right? not cool, ESPN. We were up next on the ticker after the Australia Open. After Australian Open coverage, they go to commercial. Come back, and WSU not even on the ticker any more! And now they're doing a promo on football helmet safety? Fail.

Their ticker is all off...they did have the Iowa State loss on the ticker and now it's gone. Their ticker-manager must have been a Shocker fan, drinking his/her way through that game and a little tipsy now.

Comment

• I just watched the last 10 minutes of the game on ESPN3 again. I can't believe we still won.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• props to msu. nice to see a big-time atmosphere on the road. expect another tough game when they return to wichita, no doubt.

yeesh.. the shockers still have to go to terre haute, des moines, cedar falls, chicago etc. not to mention, the shockers WILL be tested at home sometime this year- 'shockers drop one valley game at home nearly every season.

one game at a time. nothing will come easy, so don't expect that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  The announcers said it was a block because the defender was already starting to fall back before the contact. He said because of the new rule, the defender has to take the full brunt of the contact for it to be a charge (even though I've seen the same type of play called a charge in other games).
                  Also, with the new rules the defender has to be completely set prior to the shooter beginning his act of shooting. I think the benefit of the doubt will go to the shooter in a lot of cases this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Oh well, we knew the run had to end sometime.
                    This sounds like you KC.

Comment

• Holy ****, what a frickin game.....wow.

#comebackangry

Comment

• It seems I've heard Gotlieb talk something about having different standards for secondary defenders. Didn't he say that in the STL game? The MSU guy clearly slinked off his man to try to get in front of FVV.

Comment

• Holy **** I'm still as high as Georgia pine

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Ass whipin'
                            Oh, not you too?????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                              Holy **** I'm still as high as Georgia pine
                              You mean as "high as a MO Meth Head"!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                                I just watched the last 10 minutes of the game on ESPN3 again. I can't believe we still won.

I think I'm going to wait until at least tomorrow to watch those last 12 minutes again, I don't think I could go through it again tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X