No announcement yet.

Vote for Gregg Marshall - Infiinty Challenge on ESPN.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall now in second with 17%. Painter in third with 12% and Matta in first with 31%. We've been closing the gap on Matta, let's keep it going.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Received email with this from Wichita State Basketball:
      Cool, except for the fact that the link is wrong! www.espn.com/infiniti with an I, not a Y

Comment

Gregg Marshall, Bill Self and Bruce Weber competing in charity contest

Wichita State men’s basketball coach Gregg Marshall loves to compete. Competing for his favorite charity gets him fired up in a different way than his duties on game day.

Marshall joined 47 other NCAA basketball coaches in a voting competition on ESPN.com on Monday afternoon. Fans can register at espn.com/infiniti and vote for their favorite coach. Winners advance to the round of 24, then 16, and then four. The winning charity, announced March 16, receives $100,000.

Marshall’s charity is the Wichita Children’s Home, an organization he and his family worked with for several years. Each charity receives $1,000 to start.

“Let’s go,” Marshall said. “We need Shocker nation to get up. We moved to sixth in the polls (Monday), so hopefully we can get a long run in this competition.”

Marshall’s mother was adopted from a children’s home in Greenwood, S.C., giving him a personal connection to the children served at the Wichita Children’s Home.

“These young people, they deserve a chance to be successful,” he said. “Sometimes they have tough situations that they’re coming from. They just need love and they need people to care for them. If you do that, just like my mom, they can go on to be wonderful people.”
        Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/01/07/321...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Infiniti Coaches' Charity Challenge Press Conference

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
            Cool, except for the fact that the link is wrong! www.espn.com/infiniti with an I, not a Y
            That's odd, the link worked for me.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Remember to vote once a day!

Comment

So do the coaches with a certain school attached to their names move on if they didn't get votes? That's how the polls work right?

Comment

Voted. Marshall in 2nd at 18%.

Comment

Voted 3 times yesterday and 4 today ,,, kind of a pain registerin all the emails ,,, might be able to do a couple more ,, but hate keepin track of that many user names and such lol
                    Last edited by OTR Shockfan; January 8, 2014, 10:54 AM.
                    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      That's odd, the link worked for me.
                      The link was good. It was just the text that was wrong.

Comment

Still in second place holding steady at 18%.

Comment

Just bumping.

Comment

Voted today. Have you?

If I was one of the many coaches with a 0%, I would be embarrassed to have my name associated with a fan base that cares so little about worthy causes.

Comment

It's not looking good for GM. However, if they tally the votes based on a per capita fanbase basis, he should take this hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                It's not looking good for GM. However, if they tally the votes based on a per capita fanbase basis, he should take this hands down.
                                Reread the rules. This is a survive and advance competition, with those that advance receiving increasing larger contributions to the charity of their choice. Marshall is in 2nd by a wide margin. There appear to be more coaches with no votes than coaches that will advance to the next round.

Comment

Working...
                                X