Vote for Gregg Marshall - Infiinty Challenge on ESPN.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    "Sad" as in we just didn't have the number of voters needed to compete or "sad" that we didn't do better.

I'm quite proud of finishing in the Top 4 against a lot of other much larger school/alumni populations that just didn't support their university, coach, and community like we did. Many schools like KU and K St didn't care how it looked about their lack of effort for a local charity, however, Ohio St and Purdue apparently thought different. Good for them, good for us. Shocker Proud.
    The numbers TOSU was putting into this we had no chance against. But to slip to 3rd at this point is a disappointment because the voting has dropped off. Just look at this thread and the attention it has gotten. Are you telling me the 7500 people that went to StL that most likely voted often all remembered to do so for 3-4 days away? I know I missed my first day on Sunday.

So yeah, sad. Maybe modify it to a little sad.

Comment

• Down to 18% vote Angry

Comment

• Vote Angry! Still at 18%

Comment

• The 2013 Infiniti Coaches Charity Challenge is now over and Coach Marshall and Shocker Nation were able to add $15,000 to the Wichita Children's Home bank account. Not bad for our 1st time participating. Good job Shocker Nation. I am sure the Wichita Children's Home will be delighted with this donation.

While I am sure the Wichita Children's Home will be very pleased I did e-mail a thank note and a suggestion to ESPN regarding this contest. I suggested they consider dividing the Final Four money a little more broadly. The Final Four participants received a total of $145,000 ($100 + $15 + $15 + $15). My suggestion to ESPN was to consider something like the following:

1st Place - $60,000
          2nd Place - $40,000
          3rd Place - $30,000
          4th Place - $15,000

Same amount of Final Four money just spread around a little more broadly. I'm sure all the charities involved are worthwhile causes.

I doubt my suggestion will ever see the light of day, but I thought I would give the old suggest angry try.

Comment

• I doubt my suggestion will ever see the light of day, but I thought I would give the old suggest angry try.
            To my surprise I have already received two responses from ESPN. The first was probably just an automated response acknowledging they had received my e-mail.

The second was actually addressed to me by my first name from a person named Blake in ESPN Viewer Response stating that my comments had been shared with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.

Not much, but more than I was expecting.

Comment

• "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Working...
              X