#8 WSU vs. UNI Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    The uni board has some interesting observations about our success and their lack of it. One of the reasons is our lower academic standards allow WSU to recruit "Large, athletic black men from rinky dink juco's". One of them then compares our university academic credentials to iowa and bestows iowa as a johns hopkins in comparison. A couple of those boys should have gone to cretin with as full of themselves as they are.
    Only knuckle dragging Neanderthals from the frozen north would engage in such ignorant stereotyping about African American athletes.

Maybe they should focus on playing defense. What's that saying? Oh yea, "so simple, even a cave man could do it."
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Take away the first 4 minutes (2-12 UNI) and the last 1:30 of slop time (0-6 UNI) including that idiot's final basket and over the remaining 34 1/2 minutes the Shocks outscored UNI 65-35.
      Take away the last 6 minutes of the Lville game last year in FF and the Shox play Mich in finals. The game is 40 min

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
        Take away the last 6 minutes of the Lville game last year in FF and the Shox play Mich in finals. The game is 40 min
        His point is much more valid than that. WSU beat UNI by 30 over the majority of the game. WSU beat Louisville by 2 over a majority of the game. One says "TEAM A is way better than TEAM B", the other says "TEAM A is very comparable to TEAM B."

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I wish somebody would tell Simon he's not Fred and he needs to get the ball to Green or Wessel to at least let them get a shot to develop some confidence in a game.
          This is a great comment. It has been the case in several games. I nominate FVV to have this heart-to-heart.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• The best race of the season may be between the Shocker men and Shocker women. Who will have the best conference record?
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I also agree with the Simon sentiments. That was just selfish, uncoordinated, uneducated mush that no one would call "basketball". I don't wanna see that BS anymore at the end of games or he can just ride the pine for eternity. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but wow, that was hard to watch.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• They are replaying the game right now 7 to 9pm CST on Fox Sports Pacific, Channel 266 on Cox Cable.

Comment

• Comment

• Call me nuts but I really don't think we would hurt that much if Zach Bush got some meaningful minutes here and there, especially if FVV is there to steer the ship for him.

He seems to understand the system and can hold his own athletically, especially in this league.

Comment

• Here is some icing on the cake with Baker to ponder on. Even in games he is not hitting his shot, we can be rest-assured he is doing the little things that make a big difference in a 15-0 start.

Ron is tied for first on our Squad with 12 blocks(WOW), 2nd in total scoring, 2nd in assists, and 2nd in steals. Thus when our foes say he is over-rated, they are full of prune-juice and his stats prove it.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        I too wonder why Carter did not produce today.
                        coach said carter was complaining that his HIPS were to tight at halftime.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                          Can you make one with the Cotton steal and breakaway with the assist off the ref ?? lol
                          Seriously this a top 10 for me

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                            Can you make one with the Cotton steal and breakaway with the assist off the ref ?? lol
                            Just as Cotton jumped right up when he received the high-flying-kick that everybody witnessed at the game but 3 people at Illinois State last Season,, 3G did the same today when standing where he belonged as he got ran over. I thought that was a charging foul as much as the 57 times Jake White took charges last Season and was called for blocking, but again, no call?. MUHAHAHA!!!
                            Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 5, 2014, 08:35 PM.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Another replay of today's game starting at 9pm on Fox Sports College Atlantic (COX cable channel 264).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Take away the first 4 minutes (2-12 UNI) and the last 1:30 of slop time (0-6 UNI) including that idiot's final basket and over the remaining 34 1/2 minutes the Shocks outscored UNI 65-35.
                                Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                                Actually, my intended point was that this game sort of broke the mold. We didn't play one half of very good basketball and one half of mediocre. We had our lapses but not over a full half. We righted the ship very quickly in the first half and then built a lead. In the second half, we had a couple of short moments (1-2 minutes) where UNI made a run, but held on to the lead, and quickly took the momentum back. I don't even care about the last 1:30 of the game. except that it could have looked better in the box score.

Several of the past games, we merely played even or worse much of the game, but we had a couple of strong runs that made the difference. It's great to know the team has the ability to make those very strong runs, but equally valuable that they can sustain solid play over a long period. Had we played Louisville, Gonzaga, and/or Ohio St like we have played much of this season, I feel we would have lost those games or lost badly instead of going the distance. You can't get away with playing 20-25 minutes of so-so ball and then expect to put on a couple of strong, short runs. The top teams will either bury you during those long mediocre periods and/or limit the effectiveness of trying to have those strong bursts.

Comment

Working...
                                X