#8 WSU vs. UNI Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    Another replay of today's game starting at 9pm on Fox Sports College Atlantic (COX cable channel 264).
    This is great! 4.5 hour drive home and it's just coming on. My wife thinks I am batcrap crazy! Good day to be a Shocker!

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
      Can you make one with the Cotton steal and breakaway with the assist off the ref ?? lol
      Sure thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SMfDH6PL0

Comment

• [QUOTE=chicagoshocker;442669]Sure thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SMfDH6PL0[/QUOT

You can't make this stough up. First, Marshall takes the charge, then Tekele gets the assist from the ref for the break-away lay-up. I like it!! I like it alot!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
          I might get skewered for this - and. maybe appropriately, but - I am a huge fan, love staying till the end, love everything about this team, and cheer and yell my ass off, but it kind of irks me when the Shocks make a huge play, the fans come to their feet with a huge ovation and cheering and Fred and Ron "raise the roof" asking for more.
          That's what they're doin'!?!? I thought they just farted and were clearing the air. Sheesh there's more layers to this onion of basketball than I'll ever be able to peel back.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Every team the Shox play is going to give the Shox their absolute best. the difference between the Shox and their opponents so far this year is pretty obvious.

If the Shox give it their best for 5 - 10 mnutes and their opponents do not give their best for the full 40, the Shox win.

That may sound a bit arrogant, but the Shox have won enough games in that scenarion to make that a valid observation.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Oh - I did have one negative thing (kind of). There was a point in the 2nd where Cle inbounded the ball without really thinking it through. As he did it he realized FVV was covered and he was about to step over and he threw it away. So stupid ... But ...

I think I can count on 2 fingers the number of times this year's team has had a complete mental lapse. They just don't do it!

Not to pick on Cle -- lord knows I probably did 17 stupid things just on the way to my seat. He knew he goofed and everyone else knew they goofed by not being there to help. It happens and hell it is almost refreshing to see that they are human.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  Oh - I did have one negative thing (kind of). There was a point in the 2nd where Cle inbounded the ball without really thinking it through. As he did it he realized FVV was covered and he was about to step over and he threw it away. So stupid ... But ...

I think I can count on 2 fingers the number of times this year's team has had a complete mental lapse. They just don't do it!

Not to pick on Cle -- lord knows I probably did 17 stupid things just on the way to my seat. He knew he goofed and everyone else knew they goofed by not being there to help. It happens and hell it is almost refreshing to see that they are human.
                  The second mental lapse being when Cle almost scored in Alabama's end of the court after tip-off? That should go on a bloopers reel somewhere.

Comment

• Damn it was hard watching that game. UNI's offense - Deon Mitchell driving the lane, UNI shooting 3s. The sad part was that predictable and unimaginative crap was working against us for 31 minutes. I certainly hope GM and Co., will come up with a scheme to squash that crap. UNI has shot 50 more three pointers in one less game than us by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                      The sad part was that predictable and unimaginative crap was working against us for 31 minutes. I certainly hope GM and Co., will come up with a scheme to squash that crap.
                      Perhaps you intended this for phog.net and your beloved beakers, because for no 31 minute stretch that I watched did anything "work" for UNI. The 65-35 scoring differential during the vast majority of the game seems to back me up as well.

Comment

UNI has shot 50 more three pointers in one less game than us by the way.
                        Live by the three, die by the three. Not sure what you mean by that statement but I, for one, love the balance this team has when it comes to the offensive side of the court. Don't get me wrong, I love a good solid three from downtown, but I'd much rather see DC or Cle score in the paint on a consistent basis and get those good old-fashioned three point plays.

Comment

Damn it was hard watching that game. UNI's offense - Deon Mitchell driving the lane, UNI shooting 3s. The sad part was that predictable and unimaginative crap was working against us for 31 minutes. I certainly hope GM and Co., will come up with a scheme to squash that crap. UNI has shot 50 more three pointers in one less game than us by the way.
                          It worked for about 5, maybe 6 minutes. Not 31.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Perhaps you intended this for phog.net and your beloved beakers, because for no 31 minute stretch that I watched did anything "work" for UNI. The 65-35 scoring differential during the vast majority of the game seems to back me up as well.
                            You're right, I should've said for 28 minutes. When it was 43 to 39 at the 12 minute mark, I'm pretty sure everyone was scratching their heads. P.S. still waiting for you to put your money where your big mouth is regarding your unwavering certainty I'm some sort of KU fan. Bring it.

Comment

• I liked Cotton showcasing his defensive back skills with his flying interception in the 2nd half. Hope the NFL scouts were watching.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                I liked Cotton showcasing his defensive back skills with his flying interception in the 2nd half. Hope the NFL scouts were watching.
                                Jeffrey Parsons on KWCH Sunday night sports keeps saying how he wouldn't be surprised to see Cotton playing DB on Sundays. if his back problems would allow him to perform, he would be awesome.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X