No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all those "experts" who think that 3G is surely out the door next year with a $3-4 million offer somewhere else, I ask, "What school THAT WILL HAVE AN OPENING THIS OFFSEASON will offer Gregg that kind of money?" Wake Forest can't pay that. Boston College can't pay that. Washington State can't pay that. Besides, all of those programs are horrible, so Gregg won't go there. Short of a blueblood school in the southeast part of the country losing a coach to retirement or the NBA, I don't see it happening.
    78-65

Comment

• Maybe we are too sensitive? I think the author of the Washington Post article was simply asking the question; will be leave or stay? It is a reasonable question in my view and one that would be asked of almost every coach in America with the same situation. Question were raised recently regarding Calipari and even Self going to the NBA for starters.

Oh, and it seems lots of Shockers fans have been asking that too. But for now, I think we are all concentrated on Friday and hopefully then Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        To all those "experts" who think that 3G is surely out the door next year with a $3-4 million offer somewhere else, I ask, "What school THAT WILL HAVE AN OPENING THIS OFFSEASON will offer Gregg that kind of money?" Wake Forest can't pay that. Boston College can't pay that. Washington State can't pay that. Besides, all of those programs are horrible, so Gregg won't go there. Short of a blueblood school in the southeast part of the country losing a coach to retirement or the NBA, I don't see it happening.
        My sources tell me that Wake will make a run at our coach, and they can afford the 3M - 4M. Their donors are desperate to get them back to where they were, and are willing to throw serious money around to get the coach to get them back.

That being said, the program is in complete shambles, the AD is hated by everyone, so why would our coach start from scratch?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          To all those "experts" who think that 3G is surely out the door next year with a $3-4 million offer somewhere else, I ask, "What school THAT WILL HAVE AN OPENING THIS OFFSEASON will offer Gregg that kind of money?" Wake Forest can't pay that. Boston College can't pay that. Washington State can't pay that. Besides, all of those programs are horrible, so Gregg won't go there. Short of a blueblood school in the southeast part of the country losing a coach to retirement or the NBA, I don't see it happening.
          Also, which of those schools is going to draw 10,500 to a game against William and Mary in early December.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Wichita State and the Evil Koch Brothers:

Bad enough David Koch recently gave $100 million to New York-Presbyterian Hospital. And that he and his brother have contributed hundreds of millions to the arts in this city as well as other hospi…

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxfan3 View Post
              My sources tell me that Wake will make a run at our coach, and they can afford the 3M - 4M. Their donors are desperate to get them back to where they were, and are willing to throw serious money around to get the coach to get them back.

That being said, the program is in complete shambles, the AD is hated by everyone, so why would our coach start from scratch?
              Didn't their AD fire Dino Gaudio after several moderately successful seasons so that he could hire his buddy who was about to be fired by Colorado for being terrible at his job. It will take institution wide changes, and not just a new AD, plus several years in purgatory to reestablish themselves as a program that can actually get someone good. Right now they look more like the type of program that's gonna be shot down by anyone worth while. We'll see if they go the right way and find an up and comer with sustained success, or if they throw huge amounts of money at someone that just finished a single good season preceded by years of mediocrity. My guess is the latter. It's almost always the latter.
              Last edited by Shock Therapy; March 19, 2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Wichita State and the Evil Koch Brothers:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/18/those-e...ch-brothers-2/
                That's hilarious. Two thumbs up for that editor.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Sorry if this Q&A with Cle has already been posted... I'll take 10 lashes.

Senior Wichita State forward and Bronx native Cleanthony Early, who leads the undefeated Shockers into the NCAA Tournament this week, took a shot at some Q&A with Post columnist Steve Serby. Q:…
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxfan3 View Post

Why would you leave a situation where you have 2 of the best point guards in the nation returning the next 2 seasons and one of the best lock down defenders for one more season.No rebuilding to do. Shore up the 4 and 5 position and the bcs conferences and gonna be really tired of us really soon....
                    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Obama picking WSU over UK makes our fans very happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Sorry if this Q&A with Cle has already been posted... I'll take 10 lashes.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/15/serbys-...anthony-early/
                        Yeah, it's been posted but it's 11 lashes for a Cle repost. Be careful with the Baker stories.
                        Last edited by Shoxthemonkey; March 19, 2014, 10:57 AM. Reason: punctuation is hard
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slam21 View Post
                          Obama picking WSU over UK makes our fans very happy.
                          It's nice to know you are a superstitious bunch.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slam21 View Post
                            Obama picking WSU over UK makes our fans very happy.
                            I'm sure K-State fans are feeling the same way with him picking UK over them.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I'm sure K-State fans are feeling the same way with him picking UK over them.
                              He doesn't have WSU winning it so that actually bolds well for you.

Comment

• Did I hear that KSR (Kentucky Sports Radio, I think?) is giving away tickets to the WSU, UK game?

That's an impressive amount of confidence for an 8/9 match-up.

No offense @Slam21 (And let me say, I appreciate any opposing fan who can go to an opponent's board and be respectful, so thank you), but things like that make me want to root harder for KSU. But I guess if UK doesn't make it to Sunday, some lucky fan will either be able to drive to St. Louis and sell them or have a souvenir that doubles as a painful reminder of a disappointing season.
                                Last edited by RoyalShock; March 19, 2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X