Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Not entirely love, however good publicity... he calls Fred a 'marginal' recruit. Whatever.

"One weakness has been their lack of toughness" Whatever again. :)

How To Beat The Unbeaten Wichita State Shockers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4959605.html
    Lets put the WSU toughness this way.

Look back a couple of years ago when the KU basketball and football players were having their fights. Now if this would have been between lets say the WSU basketball and either the KU basketball or football teams. Could you imagine what the next Gregg Marshall practice would be like? Now imagine how much worse the practice would be if the team would have lost the fight.

Comment

Not entirely love, however good publicity... he calls Fred a 'marginal' recruit. Whatever.

Huffington post?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I haven't stopped drinking since STL...I haven't even seen the edge.
        He's the guitarist for U2. Can't believe you haven't seen him before.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          "One weakness has been their lack of toughness. The Shockers are not an elite rebounding team, and are prone to stretches of subpar defense."

I stopped reading after this..
          It's opposite day on huffpo. Well. When isn't it?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Good heavens -- about what one could expect from the Puffington Host.

FVV was a "marginal" recruit in the sense that he was barely considered to be in the top 100; WSU's less than elite rebounders are among the nation's leaders in rebounding margin; their stretches of subpar defense haven't damaged them too severely in KemPom's efficiency ratings, and the lack of toughness that he perceives has been missed by nearly every actual sports commentator, former coach, etc., whose almost unanimous opinion has been to rave about WSU's toughness.

What a buffoon -- jp was being far too kind when he called Schultz a marginal writer. Just a little more bulletin board material, as if it's needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
              Jordan Schultz is a "marginal" writer.
              Never heard of Jordan Schultz and don't read the Puffington Host - both a major load of c rap in my opinion.

Comment

The Huffington Post has been missing the obvious in all areas it covers for years now. They're just being consistent.

:devilish:

Comment

• Here is their whole formula for beating WSU:

One weakness has been their lack of toughness. The Shockers are not an elite rebounding team, and are prone to stretches of subpar defense. At the offensive end, they don't have great size, meaning that they are sometimes bumped off cuts and drives too easily. The Shockers rank just 63rd nationally in points per game. If a team can out-muscle them for 40 minutes, it has a chance.
                  Lack of toughness because of a rebounding statistic? Points per game? We get bumped off cuts because of our "size" (meaning, height)? Really? That guy must think it's still 1999.

I'm going to run over to the Kentucky and K-State boards, post that and tell them to forward it to their coaches.

That'll guarantee our victory.

Comment

• St. Joseph's Phil Martelli was on the Jim Rome show today and was extremely complimentary towards the Shockers saying to achieve an undefeated season today - as opposed to when his team did it 10 years ago- is totally different because of all the distractions now ( more media, social media, etc.). Cited last year’s FF run and leading Louisville for much of the game in the semis as evidence of our quality.

Comment

• Arianna Huffington didn't notice that her husband was gay for several years. So, I don't pay much attention to anything on her Post.

Comment

• John Wall's bracket. I'll leave it here...
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          John Wall's bracket. I'll leave it here...
                          Nice bracket...too bad he missed the last one though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            Looks like we got a couple of volleyball players on the cover too. Two birds, one stone I guess.
                            I see Ashlyn Driskill, Gabby Urban, Jordan Hinkle, and half of Mary Ashton Floyd (I think, on the right edge). Not sure if the blonde to Tekele's immediate left is Katy Dudzinksi or not, although the gal right behind Jordan could be Katy as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              And an All-American Decathlete.
                              Hopefully, Austin gets those pulled hammies taken care of in time to be factor in the NCAA Outdoor Championships. They knocked him out Valley and NCAA Indoor competitions.

Have you noticed that it is very rare for basketball players to pull hamstrings. Seems like I read or heard many years ago that was because they do a lot of backpedaling.

Anyway, Go Austin, Go Tekele and Go Shocks!

Comment

• In all of its splendor, March Madness is upon us. While the players on the court ultimately have the most to say in the outcomes of the many games that will be played over the next ...
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X