Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Newcomer's Guide to Wichita State - from Fox Sports:

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      A Newcomer's Guide to Wichita State - from Fox Sports:

http://msn.foxsports.com/kansas-city...a-state-031714
      That ws great!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• The Today Show on NBC 15 minutes ago revealed its poll has the Shockers #2.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          The Today Show on NBC 15 minutes ago revealed its poll has the Shockers #2.
          What exactly does that mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            What exactly does that mean?
            Have no idea, I was in the shower and my wife screamed it in to me.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Here we go... "I'm lovin' it!"

"I think in our society there is a 'stay in your lane' type mentality," Marshall said. "Maybe we are, in some peoples' eyes, getting out of our lane. Becoming more than we should. Maybe they don't like that."

"It drives Marshall crazy that his team, which hasn't lost since last year's Final Four, is still called a "mid-major."

Marshall hates that term so much he'd almost rather talk about scheduling.

"It's derogatory," Marshall said. "I've never understood 'mid-major.' In football, you don't call Boise State a mid-major.""

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm with Coach Marshall on everything except the Boise State part. BCS football elitists absolutely call Boise State a mid-major. Even after they beat BCS teams they still get the poor schedule treatment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  A Newcomer's Guide to Wichita State - from Fox Sports:

http://msn.foxsports.com/kansas-city...a-state-031714
                  Biff is a tool.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    That ws great!
                    Nice article but I still just don't get it. Wasn't the article generated by the Fox Kansas City media ??? If so....how do sports fans in the KC area not know much about Wichita St.??? I realize KC has the Chiefs and Royals but hello....#2 team in the nation here on tv quite a bit!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• dunnoh if it's been mentioned .. but ,,um Did anyone else enjoy the "Rat bracket" on ESPN earlier ?
                      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                        Nice bracket...too bad he missed the last one though.
                        The payments from Kentucky must have dried up.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• More references to Koch. And other tidbits.

Wichita State: Dollars and Sense
                          Ask Russell Wilkins, who runs ticket operations at Wichita State, why he didn't raise ticket prices after the Shockers made the Final Four last season and you'll get an answer you won't believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Nice article but I still just don't get it. Wasn't the article generated by the Fox Kansas City media ??? If so....how do sports fans in the KC area not know much about Wichita St.??? I realize KC has the Chiefs and Royals but hello....#2 team in the nation here on tv quite a bit!!!!
                            The article was not very serious. I think they realize the ridiculousness of anyone that hasn't heard of Wichita State by now and played around with that. For example, one of the questions was "Who is Joel Embiid?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                              I'm with Coach Marshall on everything except the Boise State part. BCS football elitists absolutely call Boise State a mid-major. Even after they beat BCS teams they still get the poor schedule treatment.
                              I think it's easier to understand in football than basketball. In college basketball, you have so many games available, benefits to scheduling strong schedules, games are worked out over the offseason, and the tournament gives every team a chance to prove itself.

In college football, every team has essentially two to three games available a year. Until this season, there was no major benefit to strong noncon schedules, and I'm not sure it's going to change with the playoff until I see it. Games are worked out years in advance in most cases. And it's easier to say "al they won was a bowl game" instead of, say, going to the Final Four.

Boise State gets screwed because losing a game basically eliminates any non-SEC team from a national title shot. And Boise has been good enough to beat anyone. I've really been wanting FSU to schedule them, and they finally did ... But the home/home series doesn't start until 2019, and who knows if Boise will still be good then. That "who knows" mentality is devastating to teams like Boise when you're scheduling a series for years down the road.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Man, college football is jacked up.

Comment

Working...
                                X