Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas beatdown in progress
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
      Somebody who writes headlines for ESPN likes us, or just likes openly trolling KU.

The headline for the story of KU being behind Texas right now is: "In State of Shock."
      Effing awesome.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Andy Katz just was talking after the AZ loss and he and the others all said that AZ drops to 3 and we stay at four because we struggled with Evansville today. We f'n won by 14 after trailing by 15 and once we took the lead we never trailed again. Not one second. Keep giving us the shaft people it just stokes the fire. Were we down 15? Yes. Did the other team shoot nearly 80% to get us there? AZ looked like crap this game and last game and yet they still get more respect than us. Typical.

I wonder if these people watch our games. Do they see the heart and tenacity that this team has to do what they do?

Lets win them both this week and then let the world see what we've got. Just keep winning!
        Last edited by Shockthemonkey; February 2, 2014, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• I guess being down by 15 at any point to Evansville is as good as a loss.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I guess being down by 15 at any point to Evansville is as good as a loss.
            That's probably more correct than incorrect, but I'd like to add that Cal does not pass the eye test. Not sure why their RPI is so good (of course beating Zona helps) but 2 non-con roadies (lost both to CU and Santa Barbara lol).

They play Indiana State and I'll take the Trees every single day and I'll make money.

Comment

I guess being down by 15 at any point to Evansville is as good as a loss.
              Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Regardless of what we would like to think, dropping behind by 15 to an rpi-200+ team is just not going to get any respect. Doesn't matter that we outscored them by about 30 the rest of the game and it could have been 40.

There are many looking for reasons to put about any of the better power conference teams above us. We are giving them reasons to do that.

If Syracuse had lost at home to Duke, I don't think the voters would have had us passing them. Losing to Duke is one thing. Dropping behind by 15 to Evansville is probably much worse than losing to Duke.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• But the thing is Aargh, any team would have dropped behind by 15 if your opponent hits everything they put up. Shooting 100% in the first 8 minutes of the game is a bit of an abnormality. Yes, WSU's defense was suspect at times in that stretch, but that was just EU shooting out of their minds, jacked up to play a Top 5 team.

The fact that WSU was able to go on a 27-4 run to counter is even more impressive. That's quite an extensive run no matter who the hell you're playing.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Katz, trollin' the WSU fanbase on College Basketball Live. Douche.
                  The Assman

Comment

• This current discussion seems more like poll watch talk to me, but realistically, we knew it would take 2 losses at least for Arizona to get less respect then us, disregarding Ashley's possible broken foot. The issue I have is everyone seems to ignore that multiple teams, including but maybe not limited to Drexel, Washington, and Utah, both jumped out to double digit leads on Arizona.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      Katz, trollin' the WSU fanbase on College Basketball Live. Douche.
                      He pretty much just said #4 is our ceiling and that we should be happy with that.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The problem is that the same talking heads who are critical of the Shox schedule and insist we can never be above number 5 just got another argument.

It doesn't matter that we won to those looking for excuses to keep us out of a 1 seed. Their argument will be that a legitimate top-5 team would never allow Evansville to shoot 100% for 11 minutes.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                          This current discussion seems more like poll watch talk to me, but realistically, we knew it would take 2 losses at least for Arizona to get less respect then us, disregarding Ashley's possible broken foot. The issue I have is everyone seems to ignore that multiple teams, including but maybe not limited to Drexel, Washington, and Utah, both jumped out to double digit leads on Arizona.
                          Nice catch. Could somebody remind Mr. Katz and the other media geniuses of this forgotten factoid on twitter?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                            This current discussion seems more like poll watch talk to me, but realistically, we knew it would take 2 losses at least for Arizona to get less respect then us, disregarding Ashley's possible broken foot. The issue I have is everyone seems to ignore that multiple teams, including but maybe not limited to Drexel, Washington, and Utah, both jumped out to double digit leads on Arizona.
                            Get yo facts outta here.

They are not interested in making fair arguments. They are interested in making arguments that fit their opinions.

Comment

• Apparently the Shocker fans are getting to Katz. He said WSU is getting respect at #4. Just because he won't move WSU to #3 doesn't mean he doesn't respect the Shockers. I thought it was funny that he had to say it on national TV.

Comment

He pretty much just said #4 is our ceiling and that we should be happy with that.
                                The crazy Katz lady yields a mighty pen.
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X