No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cle's last remark "We are Wichita State" was reminiscent of the movie "We are Marshall". Gave me "chill bumps".

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Cle's last remark "We are Wichita State" was reminiscent of the movie "We are Marshall". Gave me "chill bumps".
      That movie should have been We Are Wichita State. It took Marshall a year to field a team. It WSU less than a month.

Granted Marshall lost more people. No disrespect to them and their loss. I will NEVER forget the picture in The Eagle of the coin toss at the Arkansas game where one our team captains was dressed in street clothes and on crutches just 3 weeks after crawling out of a burning aircraft. Talk about MTXE... can you imagine?
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Today driving in the car for a couple of hours I was listening to various national sports shows on SIRIUS radio. It was great. I was hearing lots of positive discussion about our Shockers. Between the 20-0 start, being a possible number 1 seed, the possiblility of going undefeated this season, one show compared the Shockers to the St. Joes team that didn't lose until the A-10 tourney and got a #1 seed and made it to the elite 8, and Tekele Cotton's huge dunk (one show called it the best dunk of the year and one of the greatest dunks of all time) there was a ton of "Shock Talk" on the national radio sports shows.

I am loving it! What a ride!
        Last edited by shocker3; January 23, 2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• On PTI just a bit a go the question was posed:

"Wichita State has a _______ shot at wining the national title"

Kornheiser said Butleresque, Whitlock clarified that that meant Damngood at that we had to be a favorite, maybe the favorite given our talent and the youth of the top competition.

Comment

• Just keep winning Shockers!!!

ESPN #1 - (01-23-14).jpg

Comment

• A little home town love for FVV from the Rockford Register
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• "Coach shows right attitude for Shockers" - Springfield News-Leader

P.S. Someone should go post this on phognet.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  "Coach shows right attitude for Shockers" - Springfield News-Leader

P.S. Someone should go post this on phognet.
                  Ahahahahaha
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Not really love but part of the problem. Buried in the Fast Five article From Seth Davis: For the time being, I have decided that even if Wichita State keeps winning, I will not rank the Shockers higher than No. 5 on my ballot. The same will likely apply to the Aztecs; they've gone high enough. However, there is a lot of basketball to be played between now and the start of the tournament, and if the other top-five teams fall by the wayside and these two mighty mid-majors keep winning, then it will be hard to keep them down.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2rKkrTowy

Comment

• I usually like Seth and he has been a big supporter of ours, but that is just dumb.

Comment

• It sounds like he's saying "I'll keep them at 5 but if the teams ahead of them lose, I might move them up."

Ummmm, duh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                          Not really love but part of the problem. Buried in the Fast Five article From Seth Davis: For the time being, I have decided that even if Wichita State keeps winning, I will not rank the Shockers higher than No. 5 on my ballot. The same will likely apply to the Aztecs; they've gone high enough. However, there is a lot of basketball to be played between now and the start of the tournament, and if the other top-five teams fall by the wayside and these two mighty mid-majors keep winning, then it will be hard to keep them down.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2rKkrTowy
                          Man, where is the "Don't like this post" botton?

Comment

• Not really sure what Seth is saying. If a team immediately ahead of the Shox loses, he isn't going to drop them below WSU, unless they lose several games and "fall by the wayside", in which case he will be forced to drop them and move up WSU?

Is he saying that he thinks Arizona, Syracuse, and Michigan State all have a significant cushion between them and the Shox... a cushion so large that it would take more than just one loss for the Shox to pass any of them?

Weird.

Comment

• Or perhaps that if one of those teams falls, he is much more likely to move another team ahead of the Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                Or perhaps that if one of those teams falls, he is much more likely to move another team ahead of the Shox.
                                Which would make zero sense.

If a team below WSU wins a big game and deserves (in his mind) to pass the Shox, then he should move them above the Shox regardless of what the teams already in front of WSU do.

Similarly, if a team in front of the Shox loses and he drops them, he shouldn't move the #6 team ahead of the Shox arbitraritly just to keep WSU at #5

Comment

Working...
                                X