Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    http://www.omaha.com/article/2014011...-on-the-plains

Good article from Omaha. But you can tell it was written by a Creighton fan with the soft schedule comment.
    That's gotta sting the BJ fans a tad.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• USA Today article

Interesting USA today article. Hair Club for Men Bill Self actually has some positive things to say about the Shox.
      Last edited by jpshocker; January 20, 2014, 09:15 AM.
      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Mark Adams, the ESPN color announcer that did the Shocker game Saturday, was just on Sports Sunday (KWCH). He had many nice things to say about the Shockers and HCGM. He pointed out that WSU outscores their opponent by 19 PPG in points off of turnovers,points in the paint and putbacks. He said this ability to create points that aren't dependent on X's and O's allows them to compete with anybody in the country. Said he picked them 5th in the country preseason and underrated them. He believes that they have a great chance to win the NC this year. I'm hoping KWCH has this posted on their website.

Edit to add this link http://www.kwch.com/sports

I'm not sure how to embed the video, if someone can help with that I'd be much obliged.
        Last edited by Shoxthemonkey; January 19, 2014, 11:25 PM.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Nice comments by Mark Adams. But seeing that guy doing the interview for Channel 12 actually makes me miss Bruce.

Comment

• The first few times I heard Mark do games, he annoyed the crap out of me. Now I've started to appreciate his opinions, and think he is one of the best announcers in terms of spotlighting teams that are under the radar so to speak. He knows his stuff when it comes to us, and his collective man-crush for our team is about as big as it can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              That's gotta sting the BJ fans a tad.
              One might say a lot of buttsting, but the vast majority of CU fans engage in activities that prepare them well for this kind of hurt so I don't expect to hear much whining from that school up north.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                The first few times I heard Mark do games, he annoyed the crap out of me. Now I've started to appreciate his opinions, and think he is one of the best announcers in terms of spotlighting teams that are under the radar so to speak. He knows his stuff when it comes to us, and his collective man-crush for our team is about as big as it can get.
                He is a sunshine pumper for all things MVC/mid-major in general. He knows his audience.

With that said he is pretty smart about WSU.

Comment

The first few times I heard Mark do games, he annoyed the crap out of me. Now I've started to appreciate his opinions, and think he is one of the best announcers in terms of spotlighting teams that are under the radar so to speak. He knows his stuff when it comes to us, and his collective man-crush for our team is about as big as it can get.
                  I like listening to Mark Adams, but he tends to speak in hyperbole and is the type of announcer that will have 9 MVC first teamers, three POY winners, and two COYs. I wouldn't take any of his praise as gospel.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• New ESPN poll on the best team in college basketball. I always find the maps of the results interesting.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

A couple of the fans of ISUb would disagree, they thought the espn crew was horrible and turned down the sound to listen to their own guys. I re watched the game and the announcers were very effusive towards WSU and gave ISUb props when they made plays, but guess what, ISUb was taking a beat down and there weren't that many good plays by them.

Comment

• Cleanthony Early plays with a toughness that defines the unbeaten Wichita State Shockers

Cleanthony Early plays with a toughness that defines the unbeaten Wichita State Shockers.

It is the mantra of former Wichita State head coach Gene Smithson and continued on by current Shockers head coach Gregg Marshall. Mental toughness and extra effort defines this Shockers team. It also defines one of their players, Cleanthony Early.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• The love that people in the state of Kentucky have for UK and UL is rediculous... Now you see what I have to deal with every day!! Lol!!

Edit: this is in response to the poll... The state voted other, which no other state by Wisconsin had, and for obvious reason in that case...

Comment

• Thanks for sharing that. You would think a WSU fan wrote that.

Comment

• ruh-roh..

Gary Parrish ‏@Gary:ParrishCBS 2m
                              Fun day at Wichita State so far. Just sat down with Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet. Gonna catch practice, then head to Lawrence for KU-Baylor.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X