Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Who laughed at the KU kid crying?
    I didn't see anyone around here making fun of the KU kid, nor have I heard anyone doing it in person. He was just a child. Everyone that I know considered him off limits. That said, does anyone remember the UNC student that was ugly crying after their loss during the tournament last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
      I didn't see anyone around here making fun of the KU kid, nor have I heard anyone doing it in person. He was just a child. Everyone that I know considered him off limits. That said, does anyone remember the UNC student that was ugly crying after their loss during the tournament last year?
      Actually, we did have one poster make fun of the KU kid. I remember responding to that post that I didn't think it was necessary or appropriate to be picking on kids. Really that applies to fans of any age. Hey, I'm far from a kid and I shed a few tears over the end of our great season. I don't know why sportsmanship and just common civility is dying in this country/world but it ain't a good thing IMHO. However, I am encouraged by the class and sportsmanship our Shocker team exhibits. Fred, Ron and Tekele in particular are outstanding role models but all of our guys represent very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
        we all need to stop being hypocrites...bet half yall were laughing at ku kid crying during Stanford game...it was funny...its part of what fans enjoy of teams they dislike or are going against...get over yourselves..our program has made it to that level...we get picked on and made fun of..i take it as a sign of respect...but its just part of the game and fanhood
        I didn't laugh at the kid. I thought it was unfair they were being shown on TV like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
          I didn't laugh at the kid. I thought it was unfair they were being shown on TV like that.
          Pretty much this. TV cameras on kids crying is bush league. Adults are fair game, but leave kids alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Pretty much this. TV cameras on kids crying is bush league. Adults are fair game, but leave kids alone.
            Your shooting the messenger IMO. I have no problems showing heartbroken fans regardless of age. This young man's Dad had no problem with it. The issue is the immature reaction to a heartbroken fan, especially young ones like the KU fan and Maggie Marshall, by some viewers. That really reflects much more detrimentally about those abusive viewers than anything. Certainly nothing for the TV networks or the fan being shown to feel bad about at all.

Comment

• truth hurts guys...but blame CBS for showing it...people react how they react...especially of the opposing fan base...

Comment

• The video has been removed from YouTube.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Your shooting the messenger IMO. I have no problems showing heartbroken fans regardless of age. This young man's Dad had no problem with it. The issue is the immature reaction to a heartbroken fan, especially young ones like the KU fan and Maggie Marshall, by some viewers. That really reflects much more detrimentally about those abusive viewers than anything. Certainly nothing for the TV networks or the fan being shown to feel bad about at all.
                  Eh, I disagree. It's gratuitous and can be avoided with minimal effort.

Showing kids in a vulnerable state tees it up high for the trolls. Sure, the trolls are turds, but so is the person who serves them the opportunity on a silver platter.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    The video has been removed from YouTube.
                    It's been removed, but the poster chose to take a shot at Wichita State fans in the comments on why he deleted it instead....

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                      It's been removed, but the poster chose to take a shot at Wichita State fans in the comments on why he deleted it instead....
                      Of course, they would. Couldn't be more predictable, but where are you seeing those comments? It just tells me it's deleted, nothing else.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Of course, they would. Couldn't be more predictable, but where are you seeing those comments? It just tells me it's deleted, nothing else.
                        At the bottom... I'm logged in to my YouTube account
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I would be lying if I said I didn't get a chuckle out of the KU kid crying after their loss to Stanford, but the chuckle was more about them losing to Stanford. I also thought it was overkill that the CBS camera crew continued to pan back to that kid a half a dozen times for the remainder of the game. But there is a huge difference IMO between having a chuckle over a crying fan and completely mocking somebody and putting it on the internet for everyone to see.
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• You don't wanna go to war . . .

Comment

• I went on a Facebook rant on all my friend and family over this video... Said it made me ashamed to be from Kentucky, and that was why I would never root for UL or UK again... They're all just elitist a**holes

Comment

• The only thing I laughed at regarding the KU kid was when someone on here mentioned it and someone replied with something like "Wait.. That wasn't Bill Self"?

Also, how classy that the poster of the video still takes another shot at us in their apology comment... Of course, by making it sound like a huge deal that they beat us, they're kind of putting down their own team.

Comment

Working...
                                X