Shocks vs SLU GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game summary:
    FVV- maybe his worst floor game this year. Still had some great moments- a Sophomore- we forget that sometimes.
    Baker- nails... a few errant passes, but I am glad he plays for the good guys.
    Tekele- Gritty, tough, big shots, a couple of unforced turnovers that bugged me. If we're playing 3 on 3, I got TK and RB.
    Cle- cure that flying right elbow. Watch his promo video and you will see why he is soooooo streaky. Study for finals and work on just a couple of post moves, when that 3 isn't falling, you can still help the team on offense.
    Wiggy - Mr. basketball is your friend. Squeeze him tightly. Don't let anyone take him from you, let alone throw him towards the basket unless you are sure he will land softly in a bed of cotton.
    CL- Nice strides big guy. Defense wins championships...
    DC- Better job of being quick without rushing, but you and CJ can work on the same individual drills.
    CD- I see some Ehimen things, but you can't be EO without more D, and I don't mean dunks.
    EW- God I love your hustle, but you have to be a threat on the offensive end...Remember TK's revelation after sCUm backed off against him last year?

Overall, I have to believe that the Shocks have barely scratched their potential. Keep working hard boys. I will keep yelling, and you keep working...deal?
    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      He will learn...
      Yes and I don't mean that so much as a knock on Fred as how different the game was called today....it was almost like he was stunned by the amount of contact they were allowing and never really adjusted until the very last couple of plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Let's move Arch Madness from Scottrade to Chaiffitz.
        ...or just rename it to the ScottCityTrade Center

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          ...or just rename it to the ScottCityTrade Center

This year it will be!!!
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Anyone know where to find video highlights?
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I just realized that this game broke the curse.

I'm all in on an Arch Madness title this season!

I guess I was before this game, but it sure is nice to leave the city of St Louis a winner for the first time in what 20-30 years? Marshall does something new every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I just realized that this game broke the curse.

I'm all in on an Arch Madness title this season!

I guess I was before this game, but it sure is nice to leave the city of St Louis a winner for the first time in what 20-30 years? Marshall does something new every year.
                How many fans did we have there and how would you rate the atmosphere compared to Koch?

Comment

• Does Doug "Gottatalknonstop" Gotlieb get paid by the word, even wrong words?

"There's a lot of Big12 coaches kicking themselves for missing Ron Baker on the recruiting trail", boo effing who. We recruit and develop players, not sit around waiting for the Burger King All Americans to come knocking on our door.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    You missed two others. Very unlike TC.
                    Yeah I was thinking of two but wasn't 100% sure. Still Ron threw one right out of bounds so nobody was immune. Actually I think I remember him throwing two away.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Yeah I was thinking of two but wasn't 100% sure. Still Ron threw one right out of bounds so nobody was immune. Actually I think I remember him throwing two away.
                      Stop making mistakes...I have higher expectations of you...most of the time!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                        Does Doug "Gottatalknonstop" Gotlieb get paid by the word, even wrong words?

"There's a lot of Big12 coaches kicking themselves for missing Ron Baker on the recruiting trail", boo effing who. We recruit and develop players, not sit around waiting for the Burger King All Americans to come knocking on our door.
                        Yes, those comments get old. Who is to say that Ron Baker still wouldn't be at WSU had those Big 12 coaches not missed him? It seems like we are beating many BCS teams for nearly all of our recruits these days; not Kentucky, but BCS. Bruce Weber may be kicking himself, but you know that Ron Baker is not.

Comment

• I just watched the game on DVR - the level of criticism of Cle wasn't warranted in my view. He had blocks, steals, rebounds, assists and would have had more assist if some bunnies would have gone in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            I just watched the game on DVR - the level of criticism of Cle wasn't warranted in my view. He had blocks, steals, rebounds, assists and would have had more assist if some bunnies would have gone in.
                            What are your thoughts on Gottlieb's comment about ranking, which if I recall was just after a discussion on the Shocks schedule? I fouled up the DVR for this game.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Should there be concern that RB and FVV are averaging over 30 minutes per game thus far? Or, they're only 19, 20 year-old, well conditioned kids with gobs of energy - they'll be fine. I don't know if there is a valid point to be made that by the end of the season, they'll be worn out if they continue playing so much.

Comment

• A nice bonus to this game is that it further cements that we are STILL the best team in Kansas. And Missouri. And Nebraska. And Colorado. And ...
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X