Shocks vs SLU GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Should there be concern that RB and FVV are averaging over 30 minutes per game thus far? Or, they're only 19, 20 year-old, well conditioned kids with gobs of energy - they'll be fine. I don't know if there is a valid point to be made that by the end of the season, they'll be worn out if they continue playing so much.
    I'm not worried about it. A lot of the best teams in the country frequently have their best players playing that much. I think Baker and FVV both can get through the conference schedule at 30 minutes a game no problem.

Comment

Should there be concern that RB and FVV are averaging over 30 minutes per game thus far? Or, they're only 19, 20 year-old, well conditioned kids with gobs of energy - they'll be fine. I don't know if there is a valid point to be made that by the end of the season, they'll be worn out if they continue playing so much.
      No concern.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Who else do you want to put in, Einstein?

This has been mentioned before. This isn't going to be a typical Marshall team with 8 guys getting 15-20 minutes. It just isn't. Many teams have guys going 30-35 a night and win championships. In fact, it's quite common. We're so used to having a lot of depth that it is strange for us.

I'm sure Marshall would love to keep Ron and Fred under 30 a game but it's kinda not practical right now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• quick rules question: does the 10 second count reset if the ball gets deflected out of bounds. I noticed when we were in-bounding the ball with 30 seconds left that we didn't get it across half court until 17 seconds, but SLU had deflected it out of bounds prior to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            quick rules question: does the 10 second count reset if the ball gets deflected out of bounds. I noticed when we were in-bounding the ball with 30 seconds left that we didn't get it across half court until 17 seconds, but SLU had deflected it out of bounds prior to that.
            Starts over with each dead ball situation, ball out of bounds, foul, timeout, etc...

Comment

I think it is a somewhat valid concern. Losing DJ hurts there, IMO. It may be possible to dial back the minutes for FVV and Baker for about 3/4 of the conference schedule, though. Who plays? I dunno.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Who else do you want to put in, Einstein?

This has been mentioned before. This isn't going to be a typical Marshall team with 8 guys getting 15-20 minutes. It just isn't. Many teams have guys going 30-35 a night and win championships. In fact, it's quite common. We're so used to having a lot of depth that it is strange for us.

I'm sure Marshall would love to keep Ron and Fred under 30 a game but it's kinda not practical right now.
                You went with Einstein huh? Okay chump, riddle me this; when was the last time a Shocker team was ranked pre-season and completed the season ranked, never once falling out of the polls?

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  What are your thoughts on Gottlieb's comment about ranking, which if I recall was just after a discussion on the Shocks schedule? I fouled up the DVR for this game.
                  I thought that he was primarily pointing out the arbitrariness of rankings. I don't know why he felt the need to say, "Is WSU the 12th best team? Probably not."

Given KU's loss, UNC's two losses etc., I don't know how anyone could be too sure of that actual position of any team at this juncture. Maybe that was his point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    I thought that he was primarily pointing out the arbitrariness of rankings. I don't know why he felt the need to say, "Is WSU the 12th best team? Probably not."

Given KU's loss, UNC's two losses etc., I don't know how anyone could be too sure of that actual position of any team at this juncture. Maybe that was his point.
                    Oklahoma State falls as well...
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

You went with Einstein huh? Okay chump, riddle me this; when was the last time a Shocker team was ranked pre-season and completed the season ranked, never once falling out of the polls?
                      So you answer a question with a question. A solid KC Shox response.

I dunno the answer to your dazzling question Einy, and I'm still trying to understand its relevance to the post you quoted and responded to.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not that you are asking me, but probably 1963, 1964, or 1965. If ever...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

What does that have to do with playing FVV and RB 30 minutes? I don't know why I am going to respond to you earlier question, b/c you have to find something to complain about, but I don't think that will be happening every game. And even so, so what?

Comment

• Practices are harder than games.

Comment

It is to be expected -- we knew this would be the case from the start of the season. I trust the strength coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                I wanna marry Ron Baker.
                                I have an inkling that that sentiment is unlikely to be reciprocated by Ron. :frog:

Comment

Working...
                                X