Shocks vs SLU GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Our guards were getting bumped out on the perimeter today a lot.
    I think our practices help us a lot there.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      We're just angrier than most and NOT SATISFIED with a measly Final Four!!! We WANT MORE!!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!
      It's not complicated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgxzjrodNvI
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        VanVleet, Cotton, and Baker (4, 4, 3) had 11 of our 18 turnovers, but Early only had one this game. If our guards take care of the ball like they're capable of, then this is a double digit win.
        First team this year that guarded the way they did. Hats off to the team for overcoming those turnovers. As far as the margin of victory is concerned, it would have been higher and our turnovers probably lower if the refs had called the game they way they are supposed to....

Comment

Our guards were getting bumped out on the perimeter today a lot.

I'm not saying that's why they played crappy. 2 out of 5 starters didn't play like poo for most of the game. But still Cotton and FVV made plays when we need them.

And I agree, we had 2 out of 5 starters play Shocker basketball the whole game (Baker and Lufile). The rest must have toured the Anheiser Busch brewery at 9 am and sampled too many beverages. Even at that, we won in a place where the Bilikens aren't used to losing.
          Tekele was pretty darn solid the entire game. Only one silly turnover that I remember.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Okay that game was awesome.

SLU is gonna climb the rankings, I think.

Did the new foul rules revert back to last year, and they didn't tell us?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Teddy View Post
              Only followed the Shox since '65, so yeah, guess a "noob", just don't find a whole lot to comment on as y'all are so entertaining.
              No worries and please accept my apologies for my snippines, I am fighting a bug and have been consigned to the couch.

The cool thing about all of this team's inability to play a full forty is that they win and do so in a tenacious manner.

Please accept my belated "Welcome" and sincere apologies for the shortness of my earlier reply.

Go Shocks!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Ron Baker
                Leaving the arena I heard two people mention Baker. After his long distant 3 the guy behind me said SLNeed to shut Baker down if they were going to win.......Not!

Comment

• What a remarkable win. Back to back poor games against tournament-caliber teams, back to back wins. Such a special team with a huge ceiling.

Enjoy this, fellas. We've got it good right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Okay that game was awesome.

SLU is gonna climb the rankings, I think.

Did the new foul rules revert back to last year, and they didn't tell us?
                    In the postgame with MK, Coach Marshall said he thought maybe they were just experimenting with the rule in November, but now that it's December...

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      No worries and please accept my apologies for my snippines, I am fighting a bug and have been consigned to the couch.

The cool thing about all of this team's inability to play a full forty is that they win and do so in a tenacious manner.

Please accept my belated "Welcome" and sincere apologies for the shortness of my earlier reply.

Go Shocks!
                      No prob. We all like the same stuff!

Comment

• @JimmyDykesLive: Wichita State has some tough dudes that come to ball no matter the moment. They expect to win. Highest compliment you can give a team

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          In the postgame with MK, Coach Marshall said he thought maybe they were just experimenting with the rule in November, but now that it's December...
                          I love mike Kennedy, but he needs to back off on the complaining. I listened to the live broadcast while traveling and believed we were being hosed from MK's call of the game, but when I got home and watched the replay, I'm sorry, but he was dead wrong about some of the plays he was going crazy about. For instance the shot clock violation -no, Fred's shot did not hit the rim, and when he was comainin about two guys fouling Tekele and then a goal tending for grabbing the rim - maybe one guy got him with a little body, hard to tell, but it was Tekele who grabbed the rim. It seems like be thinks the refs are just out to get WSU. Yes, they called a loose game today, but it wasn't nearly as one sided as MK made it sound.

Comment

• Best quote from SLU Fan Forum:

"I would trade six of any our SLU players for one WSU Baker."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              Best quote from SLU Fan Forum:

"I would trade six of any our SLU players for one WSU Baker."
                              Offer rejected.

Comment

• Seems like Early's shooting problems go away when we need them to, very similar to game at Indiana State last year (or Illinois State before that). My guess is that he gets into his own head and thinks too much early on and just reacts when the game is on the line. I think when he figures his shooting out we'll find our consistency.

I think this will be the best opponent we face till the tournament until Indiana State gets consistent or Tennessee plays to their potential. Definitely think SLU will be ranked at some point. This was a great, and necessary, win. Now the Shockers just need to take care of busy against Alabama and Tennessee and they'll have had a very successful nonconference schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X