Shocks vs SLU GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I have an inkling that that sentiment is unlikely to be reciprocated by Ron. :frog:
    No problem. I'll just stick to my mancrush and leave it at that.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• game

Surely nobody thought this would be easy did they. We gutted out this win against a team that was the best defensive team we've seen this year. Fred didnt play great but still manages to make big plays. Cle just never got in a flow till the back to back 3's. and Ron was Ron...awesome. Lufile is getting better and better and really beating a team like this on the road knowing you didnt play your best....this team hasnt even come close to playing their best and when the do...we need to sell out the tennesse game .....lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        I'm not worried about it. A lot of the best teams in the country frequently have their best players playing that much. I think Baker and FVV both can get through the conference schedule at 30 minutes a game no problem.
        Just as a reference point, Fred is our leader in minutes per game at 31.4, yet is only 10th in the Valley in minutes per game. Nationally, StatSheet rankings for this category go up to #220, and Fred does not appear on the list (the bottom of the list 32.571 minutes per game).

Some players of note on the list:

28. C.J. Fair, Syracuse, 36.429
        49. Tyler Haws, BYU, 35.5
        53. D.J. Balentine, Evansville, 35.429
        72. Nik Stauskas, Michigan, 34.833
        73. Quinn Cook, Duke, 34.75
        73. Ben Brust, Wisconsin, 34.75
        107. Aaron Craft, Ohio St., 34.0
        167. Retin Obashon, Alabama, 33.167
        179. Trevor Releford, Alabama, 33.0
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Not that you are asking me, but probably 1963, 1964, or 1965. If ever...
          The 1982-83 season

Comment

• This was the toughest team we play until the NCAA tournament and best win we'll have until the Arch Madness championship game.

Awesome, awesome win.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Marshall does a very good job of getting either Fred or Ron a rest right before the medial timeouts to give them more of a breather. I think we will have some games coming up that they will not be asked to play as much. But we don't really have any options especially in games that Wiggins looks lost which was the case today. At no point during the game either of them look tire and as another poster pointed out our practices are tougher than games.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 52s
                Great week for Wichita State with CBE win over BYU and road win at SLU today. Shockers were no one-year wonder.
                Great week indeed Mr. Katz. Started Friday of last week with a win by our VB team to clinch a regular season title, followed by Shocker wins over DePaul and BYU in KC, followed by Shocker VB wins over ILS and SIU to win the NCAA auto-bid, followed by the Shockers lunch-pail road win over a good SLU team today, our WBB team boat-racing the Air Force Academy and the Lady Shocker VB team being assigned to play KU in Lawrence in the NCAA first round. Yes, Virginia, it is good to be a Shocker.

As far as this Shocker men's BB team goes I love the toughness they are showing and that they are continuing to develop. We are far from a finished product yet but the work in process is looking pretty damn fine.

Go Shocks.

Comment

• I really wish there was some way to make a mid season schedule trade. For instance, on December 29th, Davidson could stay home and play Savannah State while we travel to Florida to chomp the Gators on the mother ship.

We need to play the best. And they must somehow be made to play us.

Comment

• Really impressed...

With how far Lufile has come along.

His play inside today was a difference maker, especially when they could have folded with Baker out of the game.

Coleby will be fine. Sitting out a year takes it toll and there is a period of adjustment.

Cotton or Early did not have their usual fine game. But then again, it shows the mark of a good team when others step it up.

Gottleib opened his mouth and inserted foot when he questioned FVV being able to handle the end game press.
                    FVV then proceeds to dribble split a double team and find Early on the baseline for coffin sealing lay in.

Naa, he didn't comfortable at all, Doug.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I seriously doubt Gottleib saw FVV play much this year before this game. I think he was just remembering Fred's big shots in the dance.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• My dad is in the hospital getting ready to have surgery. He normally wears a WSU shirt for game day, but he currently can't wear a shirt because of multiple monitor cables and such. So yesterday I brought him a Final Four hat to wear. When I showed up to the hospital today he was wearing it proudly. After we won, I told him he would have to wear it for every game the rest of the season. He agreed without question.

So proud to be part of Shocker Nation today!
                        Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
                          My dad is in the hospital getting ready to have surgery. He normally wears a WSU shirt for game day, but he currently can't wear a shirt because of multiple monitor cables and such. So yesterday I brought him a Final Four hat to wear. When I showed up to the hospital today he was wearing it proudly. After we won, I told him he would have to wear it for every game the rest of the season. He agreed without question.

So proud to be part of Shocker Nation today!
                          That is good. I hope the surgery goes well and your Dad has a speedy recovery.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Don't interpret my post "Thanks" in the wrong way, I was thankful he was able to watch/enjoy the game while in the hospital. As Shocker-maniac said, speedy recovery!
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Rewatching the game and Jett's inbounds pass that hit the rim. That was impressive. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                How many fans did we have there and how would you rate the atmosphere compared to Koch?
                                It was hard for me to tell how many Shocker fans were there because they were scattered throughout the arena in mostly small groupings of two to four. My best guess is 200 to 300. It was loud at times, but nothing like Koch. They definitely were eager for a victory over a ranked team. There was a pretty small representation at the game by their student body, I don't know if that is because of the holiday weekend. St Louis U has a very good and large pep band. My wife and I sat by very nice STL fans and enjoyed discussing the game with them.

On a side note, there apparently is a mass evacuation of Mizzou students from St. Louis beginning at about 2:30 on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The traffic from STL to Columbia was horrible.
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X