Shocks vs SLU GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    Since CBS holds the rights to the video probably not, but you never know...
    They were showing highlights at the halftime of the Butler-LSU game.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Really proud of these guys. Seemed like we kept trying to shoot toes off but end the end, winners make plays.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Looks like our bench took the day off. That's not normal for a 3G team.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          read the thread Noob, he posted a post game reply one page back (pg 17).
          Only followed the Shox since '65, so yeah, guess a "noob", just don't find a whole lot to comment on as y'all are so entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            INDEED

Quietly had a great game.
            Lufile in 27 minutes 5-7 FG, 2-2 FT and 2-6=8 bounds and 1 PF. All other categories were zeros.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
              Looks like our bench took the day off. That's not normal for a 3G team.
              Looking at the stats, how did we win? Fewer steals, more turnovers, more fouls, same 3s, fewer shot and made FTs.....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Looking at the stats, how did we win? Fewer steals, more turnovers, more fouls, same 3s, fewer shot and made FTs.....
                More guts.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ron Baker
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• VanVleet, Cotton, and Baker (4, 4, 3) had 11 of our 18 turnovers, but Early only had one this game. If our guards take care of the ball like they're capable of, then this is a double digit win.

Comment

• SLU plays a lot like us, that is one tough, gritty, grind-it-out team that will win a lot of games this year. Great to see us step up in a tough road game!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

We're just angrier than most and NOT SATISFIED with a measly Final Four!!! We WANT MORE!!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

more rebounds, and...................... oh, yeah, more points.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Only Wisconsin, UConn and WSU are 8-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              VanVleet, Cotton, and Baker (4, 4, 3) had 11 of our 18 turnovers, but Early only had one this game. If our guards take care of the ball like they're capable of, then this is a double digit win.
                              Our guards were getting bumped out on the perimeter today a lot.

I'm not saying that's why they played crappy. 2 out of 5 starters didn't play like poo for most of the game. But still Cotton and FVV made plays when we need them.

And I agree, we had 2 out of 5 starters play Shocker basketball the whole game (Baker and Lufile). The rest must have toured the Anheiser Busch brewery at 9 am and sampled too many beverages. Even at that, we won in a place where the Bilikens aren't used to losing.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                                That was crazy. Shocks down 16-7 when I check out to run an errand. When I return they are up 24-16. Then SLU goes on a 13-4 run to end the half up 29-28. I try to take a nap and sleep through the second half but wake up a few minutes in. No worries though Shox with their patented strong start to the second and a ~ 9-2 run. Up ~ 38-30. Promptly Baker commits a couple of fouls and the Shox soon trail at which point I check out for good.

By my count the totals while I was listening was ~ SLU 36-WSU 11 and while I was away WSU 59-SLU 29.

I'm too rationale to be superstitious and think of it mainly as wanting to effect an outcome of something you care so much about and not being able. Never done that before and don't plan to again. Nevertheless had to take one for the team today!

A sweet win. Can't wait to read the thread and listen to the archived radio show.
                                Some of us may ask you to sleep in March. Can you do that for the team?
                                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                                X