Shocks vs SLU GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I fear for the team that gets 40 minutes of our best.

Hell, I fear for the team that gets 30 minutes of our best.
    LMAO!!!:bball_spin::good:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Teddy View Post
      Where is KC Shox?
      He was heard from a couple of pages back... chomp, chomp, chomping...

Comment

• I like Gottleib. To me he was talking about how "Rankings" are such national perception. At the end of the game when interviewing Marshall he commented how last year the Shockers had the same record and NOT ranked. But after Final Four season with identical win/loss record the Shockers ARE ranked. Hence the "perception" and popularity contest in national rankings. He's always been good to WSU!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Teddy View Post
          Where is KC Shox?
          read the thread Noob, he posted a post game reply one page back (pg 17).
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• How do you overcome the elements? One was just mentioned by 3G--outrebound them by 11. Cotton and CJ were cleaning glass so good I swore I saw FSF smiling in the reflecton. CAn u dig it?

We had 2 of our 4--CCCC inside connection playing good at times in Cle and Chadrack. Now, we have time to get our other bigs, Coleby and Carter hitting on all cylinders in rapid fire succession. Once that occurs, watch out!!!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Saint Louis Billikens NCAAM game from December 1, 2013 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

box

Comment

• Jimmy Dykes ‏@JimmyDykesLive 34m
                Huge win for Wichita on road at St Louis. A bunch of tough guys beat a bunch of other tough guys in their own backyard.

Comment

• So does the Baker steal and Early dunk crack the SC Top 10? Doubtful on an NFL Sunday, but I was impressed.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• All 5 starters reach double-figures.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Doug G. could have made his statements clearer, but you guys completely missed his point.

His point was that notoriety helps with poll mechanics. Last year's team basically had all the same pieces plus four really good players and wasn't ranked at 8-0. This team is 8-0 and about to be in the top ten. This team may be ultimately better than last year's, but the difference is 20 spots in the rankings...

BTW - Doug missed a few facts through-out, but his understanding of the game and ability to communicate what is actually happening at the coaching level makes him my favorite analyst.

Comment

• CollegeHoops Journal ‏@CHJournal 20m
                        Few teams can turn it on like No. 12 Wichita St. Shockers hit 13-24 FG (54%), 13-15 FT (87%) in second half at Saint Louis to win 70-65.

Comment

• We will see every zone defense including ones found in the kitchen sink from now on. A pesky man to man by St. Louis could not keep us from winning. What happens when we play in the 1st half like we so often do in the 2nd half? Baker is stinging lots of leadership, points scored, and key plays down the stretch together and I like that. I like that alot!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            So does the Baker steal and Early dunk crack the SC Top 10? Doubtful on an NFL Sunday, but I was impressed.
                            Since CBS holds the rights to the video probably not, but you never know...

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              We will see every zone defense including ones found in the kitchen sink from now on. A pesky man to man by St. Louis could not keep us from winning. What happens when we play in the 1st half like we so often do in the 2nd half? Baker is stinging lots of leadership, points scored, and key plays down the stretch together and I like that. I like that alot!!!
                              And using a zone is how we beat SLU so they will see a lot more of it also.

BTW - major props to HCGM over the years for using the zone. I distinctly remember MT being loathesome of using a zone... how many games did that cost us back in the days...??

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                                That was a fun game against almost a tournament-like environment and a frenzied-defensive club and we made the plays when it counted most. WOW!!!!! This team is too much fun to watch. When's the next game? CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
                                ORU comes in Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X