No announcement yet.

Shocks vs SLU GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was right. We are not #12. Hey, we are about to enter the top 10? GET used to it. Not many teams have the grit to overcome the extra motivation they had today but are 5 starters were tuff as nails. St. Louis rarely loses at home period!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am a little bit. That was a mountain of adversity they had to climb. I actually thought this would be a close loss at the beginning of the year. Nice to be wrong. These guys are just so dang tough. They reflect our coach so damn well. Good win!!!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        He was right. We are not #12. Hey, we are about to enter the top 10? GET used to it. Not many teams have the grit to overcome the extra motivation they had today but are 5 starters were tuff as nails. St. Louis rarely loses at home period!!!
        maybe it's just me, but gottlieb was really straining to backhand '13-'14 wichita state team. get him outta here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Let's move Arch Madness from Scottrade to Chaiffitz.
          Yes. Or even to Chaifetz.

Comment

• SLU's defense (with a little help from the zebras) may be the best defense we will face all season. What a great effort by our guys. The BIG BOYS came thru in the end.

Comment

• Jeff Eisenberg ‏@JeffEisenberg 1m
              In his last four games, Wichita State's Ron Baker has 21, 21, 23 and 22 pts. From great story last March to great player as a sophomore.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Shocks are just the 4th team to win at SLU in the last 3 years.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm not superstitious--it's too unlucky

That was crazy. Shocks down 16-7 when I check out to run an errand. When I return they are up 24-16. Then SLU goes on a 13-4 run to end the half up 29-28. I try to take a nap and sleep through the second half but wake up a few minutes in. No worries though Shox with their patented strong start to the second and a ~ 9-2 run. Up ~ 38-30. Promptly Baker commits a couple of fouls and the Shox soon trail at which point I check out for good.

By my count the totals while I was listening was ~ SLU 36-WSU 11 and while I was away WSU 59-SLU 29.

I'm too rationale to be superstitious and think of it mainly as wanting to effect an outcome of something you care so much about and not being able. Never done that before and don't plan to again. Nevertheless had to take one for the team today!

A sweet win. Can't wait to read the thread and listen to the archived radio show.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                    SLU's defense (with a little help from the zebras) may be the best defense we will face all season. What a great effort by our guys. The BIG BOYS came thru in the end.
                    Took the words right out of my mouth. You have to give some credit to SLU for our play today. Maybe a bit more to the refs. If they had called the fouls the way they were supposed to, the SLU bigs would have fouled out much earlier.

SHOX deserve all the credit in the world today. HUGE WIN... HUGE... really big... HUGE!!
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                      That was crazy. Shocks down 16-7 when I check out to run an errand. When I return they are up 24-16. Then SLU goes on a 13-4 run to end the half up 29-28. I try to take a nap and sleep through the second half but wake up a few minutes in. No worries though Shox with their patented strong start to the second and a ~ 9-2 run. Up ~ 38-30. Promptly Baker commits a couple of fouls and the Shox soon trail at which point I check out for good.

By my count the totals while I was listening was ~ SLU 36-WSU 11 and while I was away WSU 59-SLU 29.

I'm too rationale to be superstitious and think of it mainly as wanting to effect an outcome of something you care so much about and not being able. Never done that before and don't plan to again. Nevertheless had to take one for the team today!

A sweet win. Can't wait to read the thread and listen to the archived radio show.
                      Insert that Coors Light or Bud Light? commercial here.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        Yes. Or even to Chaifetz.
                        Thanks, I knew it was wrong, I was trying to do it from eye memory passing it on the way downtown but I was too lazy to look it up.

Comment

• Check this out. The game is on the line. Who oh who we going to call? Cle from the outside with 2-3-point daggers and Baker scraping on the inside with close shots and throws. Does this seem peculiar? Who cares. Just win. And win we did do. A whistle is a whistle so says Mr. Baker from Scott City, Iowa. MUHAHA!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• !

Tough win at a tough venue. Good job, Shocks!
                            "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              maybe it's just me, but gottlieb was really straining to backhand '13-'14 wichita state team. get him outta here.
                              Gottlieb is full of douche water.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                not just you

Comment

Working...
                                X