Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
    Did a little research - per the link below - appears WSU was ranked #1 by AP during the week of 12/15/1964.

http://collegepollarchive.com/mbaske...m#.UwWBTvTeyQ4
    Yep. And then game the epic #1 ranked Dave Stallworth-lead Shockers vs te #2 rankd Cazzie Russell-lead Wolverines of Michigan in a battle between #1 and #2 at Michigan that flip-flopped those rankings. IIRC, Michigan won on a last second, looooooooooong jump shot by Cazzie. I don't remember the score.

Comment

• thinkin the score was in the high 60's and Cazzie's shot had to be 30 plus feet

"The team was the first Michigan team to defeat the number one ranked team in the country when it beat Wichita State on December 14 by an 87–85 margin"

Comment

• I can really see UNC approaching him. Just a hunch. If they do is he gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
          I can really see UNC approaching him. Just a hunch. If they do is he gone?
          You mean in like 10 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
            I can really see UNC approaching him. Just a hunch. If they do is he gone?
            NFW!!!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Roy's probably gonna duck out sooner than later. His vertigo has gotten pretty weird this year (he's fainted on the sideline during 4 games) and a lot of UNC boosters are not at all happy with the recruiting the last 3 years. He'll probably get the velvet hammer dropped on him in a couple years and will be forced to retire like Denny Crum.

Comment

• ******* has it on good authority that Gregg isn't well liked enough to get an offer anywhere.

Comment

• This is the year if a big time program is going to pull the trigger.

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  You mean in like 10 years?

Comment

• Hard to say what exactly was offered and what exactly was turned down since most high-level coaches have agents as middlemen. Allows for a lot of plausible deniability on both sides. We never talked with Coach Marshall?.....just his agent. I did not turn down an offer from UCLA.........my agent did.

Comment

• I'm just saying the iron will be hot. If its going to happen its going to be this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Hard to say what exactly was offered and what exactly was turned down since most high-level coaches have agents as middlemen. Allows for a lot of plausible deniability on both sides. We never talked with Coach Marshall?.....just his agent. I did not turn down an offer from UCLA.........my agent did.
                        My wife never did buy the "plausible deniability" part of any of my denials.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          My wife never did buy the "plausible deniability" part of any of my denials.
                          That's cuz you didn't have an agent! You gotta git you one of dem.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that Coach Marshall likes schools where the emphasis is on basketball and not football. So there's no way he would consider coaching at a school that puts more of their support and money into football.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              That's cuz you didn't have an agent! You gotta git you one of dem.
                              I did try taking a buddy home with me once but he had less "cred" than I did. It was not pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                I did try taking a buddy home with me once but he had less "cred" than I did. It was not pretty.
                                Not sure I could find anyone with less "cred" than I have.

Comment

Working...
                                X