• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is that candy store?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
      Where is that candy store?!?
      Agreed. I've been to my fair share of candy stores, and I do not recall that particular selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Agreed. I've been to my fair share of candy stores, and I do not recall that particular selection.
        My general guess is there is something pretty sweet under that wrapper...just sayin.

Comment

• Soren Petro Jan 27 AP Ballot

He has us at the same as last week. He flipped Florida and Nova from last week (4 & 6)

1. Arizona

2. Syracuse

3. Michigan St.

4. Florida

5. Wichita St.

6. Villanova

7. Kansas

8. San Diego St.

9. Oklahoma St.

10. Louisville

11. Michigan

12. Wisconsin

13. Kentucky

14. Iowa

15. Duke

16. Ohio St.

17. Cincinnati

18. Pitt

19. Iowa St.

20. Creighton

21. Gonzaga

22. Saint Louis

23. Virginia

24. UCLA

25. Memphis

26. Massachussetts

27. SMU

28. Connecticut

29. Xavier

30. Texas

31. Oklahoma

32. VCU

33. Minnesota

34. Oregon

35. Arizona St.

36. Arkansas

37. Missouri

38. Kansas St.

39. George Washington

40. Florida St.

41. Harvard

42. Tennessee

43. Louisiana Tech

44. Cal

45. Stanford

46. North Carolina

47. Green Bay

48. Providence

49. Southern Mississippi

50. Baylor

Comment

• UF has now gained 11 points on WSU through 12 ballots, which is a pretty significant sample size. They need to gain 65 points across 65 ballots to catch us.

Looks like a coin flip more or less, maybe a slight edge to WSU at this point.

Comment

• when will the poll be released today?

Comment

• 11:39 AM CST

Comment

• The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• SDSU being ranked in front of WSU is indefensible. They nearly lost to a ~100 RPI USU on Saturday night, and KenPom and RealTime have them barely inside the top 20.

What more can WSU do than beat conference foes on the road by roughly twice the Vegas line?

Comment

• I say we will be #4 in AP and #3 in coaches poll
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        SDSU being ranked in front of WSU is indefensible. They nearly lost to a ~100 RPI USU on Saturday night, and KenPom and RealTime have them barely inside the top 20.

What more can WSU do than beat conference foes on the road by roughly twice the Vegas line?

Voters don't look at "almost lost to 100 RPI" or KenPom and RealTime bla bla bla, they just look at W's and L's and what conference you are in, then they copy and paste in excel (sometimes with errors).

BTW, did we almost lose to a >100 RPI team?
                        β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Petro has spent the 1st 20 minutes of his show talking about WSU. 810whb.com (KC Radio). They are still talking about it. He doesn't know if he can ever put wsu higher than #5 and said he spent all day yesterday debating it.

Comment

• WSU's AMV (Average Margin of Victory) in conference play is 15.625 PPG.

I guess they should have an AMV of 20+ PPG in the lowly MVC....
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                              BTW, did we almost lose to a >100 RPI team?
                              The week we nearly lost to MSU it did have repercussions in the AP with respect to individual ballots and our margins with teams immediately below us.

Comment

• Well that is just dumb.

There are intelligent arguments to be made for placing us 5th or lower, but the "I Just Can't Make Myself Do it" defense is the most frustrating and annoying. It is intellectually lazy and there is no justification for it.

I do think a lot of people saying this now will break down in mid-February if we are still unbeaten and slot us at #1, 2 or 3. There will be a lot of hype (and pressure) surrounding that ISUb-UNI road trip, and Syracuse-Florida-Kansas are all going to rack up losses quickly in about a ten day time span after Valentine's day with the way their schedules set up.

Even stubborn detractors hate being the outlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X